Dealer Pricing On Motorcycles.

I will be buying a mb soon and based on what I've been reading here, I may purchase a new one.

Are dealer asking prices fair and the same for Thai and farang alike?

Are they firm or are they negotiable?

Is there any pricing difference, for the same make/model from BKK to other places?

Always appreciative of honest advice.

Thanks

Bahtman it says "I may purchase a new one" also you still haven't given details of what bike make you favour. But in answer to most of the questions.

NEW BIKES

Yes

firm (might get some freebies)

No not really (does depend on make)

2ND hand bikes

No

flexible

Sometimes.

For New Big bikes (250cc or over) You do not have much choice here in LOS. you have Kawasaki starting at 144,000baht up to 650thou. Yamaha starting 470,000 mark up to 900thou. Triumph pretty much same as Yamaha. Ducati 700thou up BMW same as Ducati. Oh and of course HD 900 thou up. The Bargain in Thailand at the moment is the Kawasaki ER6-n and the soon to be ER6-f (ninja 650 in the States). OH almost forgot you also have Tiger motors Boxer 250rs at 72,000baht. Also 2nd hand bikes CAN have a problem with legal green books (registration) so if buying 2nd hand look VERY carefully.

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

The link below has new bike prices and I found them -Honda prices- accurate when I bought a Honda Wave. I think the dealers will treat you right. You can bargain for a small discount and some goodies. I received two helmets, two jackets and a license plate holder :)

Good luck!

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/in...ces-in-Thailand

Edited by Lancelot