For Colonic Irrigation Detox In Chiangmai, I Recommend:

Oneman

I wanted to have one for some time as many friends told me how good it was. I did and it was fine. A bit of discomfort at times but got through it. I only did it once so not sure if that is enough. But the half day of massage, sauna and relaxation was very nice. I went to one in Bangkok. It was very clean and well done. I know some people do it regularly every 6 months and they seem to think it does them good. So can't be bad if it makes them happy and they believe it is helping their health. As for me, I may go again but it is not something I race to do. But I would certainly not put anyone off having it done. Each to their own and try and see. A good thread as it is becoming very popular. I researched on net alot and there were two schools of thought. Some thought it was nonsense others raved about it. So make your own choices.

Unusual words of wisdom for this thread. :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence in what I said :D And for the welcome !

As I said I would certainly not put anyone off trying it. I think I may well go back again at some point. If it makes people feel good and they believe it helps them..... that is marvelous in my books. It is also very reasonably priced to try it in Thailand. We are lucky in that respect compared to other parts of the world where it is very expensive. I am no expert at all, but many thousands of people now use this treatment and they think its great. So good for them ! If it makes them happy, that is fantastic ! I am all for it. I like to see people happy.

Edited by Gold2005

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a physician I do not recommend a colonic nor does The American Medical Association or The British Medical Association. A colonic is unnecessary and can be dangerous even life threatening if done incorrectly. If it ain't broke don't fix it. There is no quick fix for human health if you want to 'detox' don't smoke or drink alcohol, wash fruit and veggies, eat fresh fish in place of meat stay out of the polluted city. It is that simple there is no quick fix, eat healthy clean food and you know what not to eat or drink, exercise doesn't hurt either.

hahahahahaah The american Medical association is responsible for more deaths than hitler!!!!!!!! and we should listen to this advice? youve got to be kidding me Mr. Physician. You are brainwashed and have been trained by these same killers. Take your misled advice elsewhere. The doctor is supposed to be a scientist and test hypthesis on his own. Not act as a drug dealer in a white coat and spread the word of the billion dollar drug nazis.

As a physician I do not recommend a colonic nor does The American Medical Association or The British Medical Association. A colonic is unnecessary and can be dangerous even life threatening if done incorrectly. If it ain't broke don't fix it. There is no quick fix for human health if you want to 'detox' don't smoke or drink alcohol, wash fruit and veggies, eat fresh fish in place of meat stay out of the polluted city. It is that simple there is no quick fix, eat healthy clean food and you know what not to eat or drink, exercise doesn't hurt either.

hahahahahaah The american Medical association is responsible for more deaths than hitler!!!!!!!! and we should listen to this advice? youve got to be kidding me Mr. Physician. You are brainwashed and have been trained by these same killers. Take your misled advice elsewhere. The doctor is supposed to be a scientist and test hypthesis on his own. Not act as a drug dealer in a white coat and spread the word of the billion dollar drug nazis.

Yeah right on. Like those drug nazis that invented penicillin and cardio bypass surgery. :)

Someday colonic boards will be in the museum alongside this item

3836050516_10ac0b45f2_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

its called colonic cleansing, i did that several times in some other health spa. its pretty good and will make your digestive system works properly after getting rid of thsoe nasty stuff stuck in the walls of your intestine. it will restore back ur metabolism...i think i might be doing it again this weekend.

be sure to look for a good place that do this thing. one of them is the tao healing resort spa in mae rim area or the rarinjinda spa resort near the river.

but yeah the OP seems to be promoting his own detox spa hahahaha...nice try!

• 2 months later...

I went for 3 in a row over three days at the Ayurvedic Centre. First time. If you are easily embarrassed and looking for privacy, this is not the place for you. the two girls who are in the room with you are far too cute to be employed in this position. But you can't take yourself too seriously when you're lying on a bed with a tube up your butt.

If you're going to do it, it makes sense do it at a place where they have a therapist in the room doing the stomach massage, as that is when most of the stuff comes out.

I don't see how this treatment could be anything, but beneficial. When you are done, do a 2 week course of Acidophillus. I can understand people not wanting to do it, but I can't understand how can be so completely against it. Nearly everyone who does it feels better and many people get stuff out that has been in there way too long. For the people who don't feel any different, well on a series of three at the Ayurvedic center, they would be out US$100. Not the end of the world - and you got to chat with 2 pretty girls for 3 hours...

Even more useful than CI is a colonscopy.

My father passed away some months ago from colon cancer. My mom just had a colon resection because she waited so long for a colonscopy that the size of the polyps are too big to remove safely. The point of repair has unplanned adhesion so poor mum is back in the hospital for possibly a second op.

My siblings and I have been urged to all have colonscopies -- specially when we are past 40 -- because we are probably genetically predisposed to "growing polyps". CI does not help in such cases.

well on a series of three at the Ayurvedic center, they would be out US$100. Not the end of the world - and you got to chat with 2 pretty girls for 3 hours...

I chat with pretty girls as an English teacher, and I don't have to take a water hose up the butt to do it!

Lots of inflamatory accusations and no facts. Have you considered working for Fox News?

Butt a colonoscopy can't detect all that "stuff ... that has been in there way too long".

Neither can a coroner's autopsy.

But it must be there. You just have to BELIEVE!

And many do and will continue to, no matter what.

So it goes.

colon hydrotherapy is more about restoring the normal function of the colon.

It's really too bad the therapy is thought of just for cleaning. That is just part of the benefit.

Restoring normal colon function is accomplished by

using water to expand and contract the colon which restores some tone and decreases weak spots in the colon.

aggressively washing the colon of debris impacted into pouches where diverticular diseases like diverticulosis and diverticulitis infection typically occurs. Most people as they age have some to many pouches or weak spots in the colon.

reducing or eliminating parasites and fungus thru the use of Ozonated water which kills anerobic organisms.

Repopulating the sigmoid colon with friendly bacteria thru the introduction of bifidus bacteria as the last step in the treatment. This is very effective for people who use too many antibiotics.

Colon hydrotherapy is often effective treatment of metabolic disease, infection risks from diverticular diseases associated with compromised immune systems. constipation, skin conditions like psoriasis, shingles, and eczema. obesity, gout, allergies, abdominal pain, inefficient digestion.

It's nothing to sneeze at and more common in Europe than in North America or Asia.

Colon hydrotherapy can often treat a non acute appendicitis before it becomes necessary to perform an appendectomy.

• 2 months later...

I have just read the whole of this thread and it is fascinating to read the many different viewpoints.

I have had CI, and personally I found it amazing. The therapist was using a clear tube so you could actually see the flow of compacted debris coming out whilst the therapy was being done. On several occasions she just turned of the pressure tap so everything stayed where it was and said 'look at that', and sure enough large pieces of black rubber type material were in the tube. It all went into a filter and sure enough at the end you could view the contents. I assure you what was in there was not common or garden 's**t'.

Many people have used the term if it makes you feel good then fine. That is the bottom line really. The best healing agent it is possible for the body to have is the power of the mind. People just casually mention 'the Placebo effect'. Have you ever stopped to consider just how amazing that effect is. It is not a drug that is causing corrective action but purely the mental attitude of the subject. That is why fasting works why CI works why a number of other alternative approached to medicine may work, because it harnesses the power of the mind in a very powerful belief system. That is why Doctors cannot explain why some of these things 'seem to work'.

I have just read the whole of this thread and it is fascinating to read the many different viewpoints.

I have had CI, and personally I found it amazing. The therapist was using a clear tube so you could actually see the flow of compacted debris coming out whilst the therapy was being done. On several occasions she just turned of the pressure tap so everything stayed where it was and said 'look at that', and sure enough large pieces of black rubber type material were in the tube. It all went into a filter and sure enough at the end you could view the contents. I assure you what was in there was not common or garden 's**t'.

Many people have used the term if it makes you feel good then fine. That is the bottom line really. The best healing agent it is possible for the body to have is the power of the mind. People just casually mention 'the Placebo effect'. Have you ever stopped to consider just how amazing that effect is. It is not a drug that is causing corrective action but purely the mental attitude of the subject. That is why fasting works why CI works why a number of other alternative approached to medicine may work, because it harnesses the power of the mind in a very powerful belief system. That is why Doctors cannot explain why some of these things 'seem to work'.

So your saying CI doesn't necessarily do anything useful, but if you think it does, that's useful?

I guess that means that if you're skeptical about CI, don't bother. Good advice, I'll take it!

As to "I assure you what was in there was not common or garden 's**t'.", how do you know? Did you ever crap on a plate and carefully examine it for surprises?

So your saying CI doesn't necessarily do anything useful, but if you think it does, that's useful?

I guess that means that if you're skeptical about CI, don't bother. Good advice, I'll take it!

As to "I assure you what was in there was not common or garden 's**t'.", how do you know? Did you ever crap on a plate and carefully examine it for surprises?

HeyBruce

A wise man once said, "if you don't have anything worth saying, don't say it". Oh and yes, I lived in Germany for 8 years, the land of the backwards toilets. The reason everyone has backwards toilets is so that they can inspect their s**t, for evidence of the multitude of parasitic worms that can infest your intestines, mostly transferred from under cooked Pork (one of the the most favoured meats in Germany), and as that is a very popular meat you would be well advised to get to 'know your s**t'. Many people have over a kilo of these squirming little suckers (excuse the pun) inside them and they just don't know. So next time you have an itchy arse mate, check your s**t, because those thin grains of rice in there are not thin grains of rice, they are likely to be pinworms, or thread worms.

HeyBruce

A wise man once said, "if you don't have anything worth saying, don't say it". Oh and yes, I lived in Germany for 8 years, the land of the backwards toilets. The reason everyone has backwards toilets is so that they can inspect their s**t, for evidence of the multitude of parasitic worms that can infest your intestines, mostly transferred from under cooked Pork (one of the the most favoured meats in Germany), and as that is a very popular meat you would be well advised to get to 'know your s**t'. Many people have over a kilo of these squirming little suckers (excuse the pun) inside them and they just don't know. So next time you have an itchy arse mate, check your s**t, because those thin grains of rice in there are not thin grains of rice, they are likely to be pinworms, or thread worms.

Well that wise man would have shut down this thread before it started.

I've owned pets, I know what worms in turds look like, and I've never had them.

I'm not a doctor, I'm a retired aerospace engineer and spent over half my career in system test; being a professional skeptic was a big part of my job. I don't believe in pseudo science, I believe in science with credible evidence that supports it. Nothing I've read in this thread or anywhere else about CI passes for credible evidence. In absence of that, I'm going to keep the water hose out of my butt.

I've come to my own conclusion, after reading this unbelievably long convoluted thread, filled with facts, fiction, science, pseudo science, etc.

For those who wish to get the swish, up their bum....if it makes them feel better- more power to ya!

CI just seems to me, IMHO, to just be another form of bulimia, or other psychological eating disorders.

Instead of vomiting out the impure (food), the CI advocates remove it out another orifice. With force.

I'll stick to a reasonably healthy diet, and prune juice when needed, thank you very much.

BTW, I had home made scampi tonight (extra garlic) with crab fried rice, a lovely salad with dijonnaise dressing, and a glass or 3 of nice red wine.

Am I "toxic"?

I think....not. :)

If the power of the mind works in this way, then just sit down, close our eyes, and 'visualise' a colonic.

They don't even tell if they are using a REAL colonic machine that uses electric supplied pressure or the "colema" boards that use gravity to clean the colon, but not as effectively.

Tao Gardens reputedly has the best machines and the staff are best at using it, but they are always expensive. There is a cheaper Ayuvedic clinic in the old city that also uses a real colonic machine, but the staff are not supposed to be as expert with it.

Other places mostly use the less effective gravity method.

Tao Gardens reputedly has the best machines and the staff are best at using it, but they are always expensive. There is a cheaper Ayuvedic clinic in the old city that also uses a real colonic machine, but the staff are not supposed to be as expert with it.

It appears that you haven't actually visited these establishments? What is the source of your information, more importantly how reliable is it? :):D

• 3 weeks later...
I still wonder what all of these people who have colemas and find large amounts of rubbery, impacted matter in the catch bowl in the toilet are seeing. Where does it come from after 2 or 4 weeks of a water or juice fast and a bunch of stuff has come out regularly?

Are all the photos in books trick photography and all the people who report this liars? :)

More to the point, what is the rubbery stuff? Why don't the colonic advocates take it to a lab and have it analysed? Could it be because it's something that should be there rather than removed?

Don't tell me it is decomposed meat or 20 year old bubblegum or that good old catch-all "toxins" - tell me <deleted> it really is chemically and physically - what anyonen could find out in a laboratory analysis. I think these guys don't want to use labs because it would expose too much of the BS - rather like GT200 bomb scanners.

• 5 months later...

They don't even tell if they are using a REAL colonic machine that uses electric supplied pressure or the "colema" boards that use gravity to clean the colon, but not as effectively.

You should not so much focus on the equipment than on the indication and contraindictation of the colon cleansing and who perfom it; I hope any costumer who get a colon cleansing asking himself 10 times before the treatment, will it good for me or not; There is quiet a couple of questions you should ask the therapist before you go on the table and the answers should give you the confidence you are on the right place.

What are the side effects of colon cleansing?

How you are taking care my loosing electrolyts during the treatment?

If I have a heart problem how you cover me?

If I have a mental disorder is this okay I have a colon cleansing?

How you're replace all my good bacteria what I lose and which kind you use to replace them?

What about Colon Cancer? Colitis ulcerosa? Crohn disease?

If I pregnant can I do colon hydrotherapy?

In case you are very dry, you have for many years constipation problems, don't expect you are getting better with the colinic with water, which is more dehydrating, you are getting more worse; thats is the reason why I answer this post; because I getting many, asking me can you help me, I feel more worse than before.

So looking for the price is one thing, looking for the equipment the other thing, better make sure you're getting answered your questions, all of them.

Best of Health,

Dr. Eddy

Edited by dreddyclinic

• 3 weeks later...

I used the one twice behind Huay Kaew--the Spa. I paid 850+/-. I would recommend it. She told me it would remove about 500 grms.. I had been taking pain medicine for a twisted ankle. It really helped to get me going. I also went from 270 pounds to 218 over a year+.

Edited by Thighlander

You should not so much focus on the equipment than on the indication and contraindictation of the colon cleansing and who perfom it; I hope any costumer who get a colon cleansing asking himself 10 times before the treatment, will it good for me or not; There is quiet a couple of questions you should ask the therapist before you go on the table and the answers should give you the confidence you are on the right place.

What are the side effects of colon cleansing?

How you are taking care my loosing electrolyts during the treatment?

If I have a heart problem how you cover me?

If I have a mental disorder is this okay I have a colon cleansing?

How you're replace all my good bacteria what I lose and which kind you use to replace them?

What about Colon Cancer? Colitis ulcerosa? Crohn disease?

If I pregnant can I do colon hydrotherapy?

In case you are very dry, you have for many years constipation problems, don't expect you are getting better with the colinic with water, which is more dehydrating, you are getting more worse; thats is the reason why I answer this post; because I getting many, asking me can you help me, I feel more worse than before.

So looking for the price is one thing, looking for the equipment the other thing, better make sure you're getting answered your questions, all of them.

Best of Health,

Dr. Eddy

Hello Dr. Eddy,

Can you point us to credible, peer reviewed, medical literature that indicates that colonic irrigation is worthwhile? Skeptical people like me are having a hard time finding it. In fact, I'm beginning to think that some people want to believe that shoving a water hose up their butt is a good idea because they like having... Well, you get the idea.

I used the one twice behind Huay Kaew--the Spa. I paid 850+/-. I would recommend it. She told me it would remove about 500 grms.. I had been taking pain medicine for a twisted ankle. It really helped to get me going. I also went from 270 pounds to 218 over a year+.

Well you are a very big guy, you need that weight or you'd look out of proportion!

Last time I saw Dustoff he was asking after you

David

It seems to me after reading on this subject that CI appears to be totally unnecessary and is potentially harmful. A balanced diet does the same thing.

It may be that some enjoy having enemas, but the down side may be more harmful than the up side (is that a pun?)

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates the production of equipment used in colon hydrotherapy in the USA but does not regulate their use, or the supplements used in oral colon cleansing regimens and manufacturer claims do not require verification or supporting evidence. The contents of the products are also not verified or tested.[15] The FDA has issued several letters warning manufacturers and suppliers of colon hydrotherapy equipment about making false claims of effectiveness, safety issues and quality control violations.[2]

Edited by F4UCorsair