Building A Pool

chrgrims

I am building a pool soon. I had an offer from this company:

SWIMMING POOL CENTER LTD.,PART.

68/824 Moo 8 Rattantibet Road Banggasoa Muang Nonthaburi 11000

Does anyone have experience with them?

what in their suggested plan can i look for to know its a decent pool?

best regards, christian

Hi Christian,

It depends entirely on what kind of pool it is and what they a re charging you for it. A standard 4 x 8 in-ground concrete pool with ordinary skimmer system can cost you 400,000 baht with one firm, and 800,000 baht with another. There's probably nothing in theier suggested plan that tells you how thick the concrete is going to be, how much rebar they put in it, what tiles they are proposing, and if they use special, expensive tile adhesive. A correctly rated pump and filter combination could vary in price from 27,000 baht to 65,000 baht, but they may not be showing the cost breakdown in their quotation. A good firm will offer you a choice of quality on tiles, fixtures and fitting, pumps and filters - all at very different prices.

i have received an offer for a pool, 6x12m. 25cm concrete walls with steel. Lompang tile.

Here are more details. I would love some advice on the quality of this pool.

victoria self priming pump from astral pool

aster sand filter from astral pool

grating 25 CM abs (i dont know what this is)

1,5" eye ball inlet (cycolac)

Maindrain 25x25cm

เครื่องผลิตคลอรีน อัตโนมัติ (Salt Chlorinator)

Christian

i have received an offer for a pool, 6x12m. 25cm concrete walls with steel. Lompang tile.

Here are more details. I would love some advice on the quality of this pool.

victoria self priming pump from astral pool

aster sand filter from astral pool

grating 25 CM abs (i dont know what this is)

1,5" eye ball inlet (cycolac)

Maindrain 25x25cm

เครื่องผลิตคลอรีน อัตโนมัติ (Salt Chlorinator)

Christian

The grating covers a gutter which goes around the pool for the water to flow into & back to the surge tank from where the pump will suck the water & return it to the pool after passing through the filter. The tiles are possible L-Thai which are handmade. Eyeball inlets will go in the walls & are preferable to floor inlets.

Which brand & model of saltwater chlorinator are you being offered (this is important & needs to be correctly sized for your pool as does your pump & filter)as the Thai wording just means chlorine automatic.

Hi Christian

Some advice to pass on to you. I suggest you read the payment terms of the Contract very carefully before you enter into it. Pay special attention to when stage payments are due and avoid paying a significant amount before the pool is commissioned. I recently enquired into building a pool for a house I was intending to buy and the Terms were a downpayment of 50% followed by a further 49% long before completion. The final 1% was to be payable upon successful commissioning. The upshot is that if the pool had failed for whatever reason eg a leak, I would have paid 99% and I would suggest the chances of getting the builders back to fix the problem for 1% would have been nil. As it turned out I didn't buy the property but I thought this info might be useful to you

Kind Regards

Andy