Airline Travel Between Australia & Thailand!

Shudjan

With all the deals around at present between all airlines, I would like to discuss the various deals and products the airlines are offering. I also see that Thai have introduced a disinfectant/freshener in their air conditioning system to clean the cabin air. So many items to consider and look forward to discussion. Thanks in advance for contributions!

:)

With all the deals around at present between all airlines, I would like to discuss the various deals and products the airlines are offering. I also see that Thai have introduced a disinfectant/freshener in their air conditioning system to clean the cabin air. So many items to consider and look forward to discussion. Thanks in advance for contributions!

Were this Phuket specific, maybe it would be a hotter topic in the Phuket forum.................

Might I suggest that:

A. Maybe the mods move this to the Thailand Travel subforum

B. Maybe you might consider reposting in the Thailand Travel subforum or SE Asia Travel subforum

Only input I can have for you is that a lot of people have been Jetstar bashing recently.

Good Luck ! HB

Hi Shudjan.

Mate when I make my anual trip back to Aust I fly Thai.

I know its a little more expensive, but they do offer a good,

clean service.They offer 3 flights a day from Syd at least. Not 100%

sure on Melbourne, Perth or Brissy.

But of coarse the boss prefers to fly Thai !!

I certainly wouldn't use Jetstar, I don't even use them in Australia and have heard bad reports on them from friends who've used them.

We use Singapore Airlines. Very good airline, but it is impossible to use your points to upgrade with them - well, for 11 + months into and out of Perth, anyway. We are not impressed at the way they promote their Krisflyer points, but it does feel as though there's some false advertising going on.

Pth-Phuket

I use SQ or TG. SQ cheaper, better quality, but have to stopover and change planes at Singers, and the seats are very narrow if (like me) you are on the larger size. TG more expensive, older planes, but good service and flies direct.

Qantas doesn't come into calculations because of ludicrus pricing.

Budget airlines like Tiger, Jetstar, and Airasia very cheap but all have long stopovers and other disadvantages.

One titled oilrig worker on this forum swears by Jetstar.

Up until a couple of years ago I flew with Qantas from Sydney to BKK. I've never liked their service but I am a frequent flyer so a few free trips every now and again was nice.

I also used to argue that Qantas had the best safety record. But over recent times, with a lot of mishaps, this record is rather tarnished.

Now, Thai Airways have a flight that departs Sydney at 10am. That is a great time for me. I can get down to Pattaya before bedtime. Thai Airways in-flight service leaves Qantas for dead.

Thai Airways is also much cheaper than Qantas which negates the need for Qantas frequent flyer points.

I've never flown with Jet Star but from the horror stories that I've heard, I wont be any time soon.