Where Is A Good Place To Go With My Laptop?

mnbcm

there are dozens of places which offer free wifi, starbucks is one of the few places which charges for it. loads of places within the moat / old city, lots on nimmanhaemin. . . .just depends where you want to go really.

I'm looking for a good place to sit and do some work on my laptop. Something like Starbucks, where I can just stay for a few hours in air con and sip a beverage. Got any ideas?

Wander around Nimmanhemin Road and you will find endless choices. 94 Coffee, Wawee, Kiat Num, Doi Chang coffee shops are all there and air conditioned. I am surprised to see a question like this as there are so many choices in Chiang Mai. Also, try Mo'C Mo'L on Huay Gaew Road before CMU or Mong Pearle across the street. All of these places will get a premium price for your coffee though, but he WiFi is free. Around CMU you will find non-air conditioned venues with free WiFi and a 25 baht cappuchino.

-snip- Around CMU you will find non-air conditioned venues with free WiFi and a 25 baht cappuchino.

Hey, now THAT's good to know, thanks.

Lot's up that way! My favorite though is Groon Cafe up Soi Wat Umong just before Chai Blues. You can order dinner from across the street and they deliver it to the coffee shop. Lots of design and architecture magazines to browse through if you aren't interested in watching the traffic go by. Usually a group of students playing chess outside. Worst thing about the place is I might pull up all stinky and sweaty after a four hour bike ride. Funny how the place empties out.......

I'm looking for a good place to sit and do some work on my laptop. Something like Starbucks, where I can just stay for a few hours in air con and sip a beverage. Got any ideas?

Can anyone suggest places in the area around

Chang Klang/Sridonchai or Anusarn Market