Searching for my Thai tax ID (TIN)

Years ago I was at the revenue department and applied for return of witholding tax.

It was approved and I obviously was registered and should have a TIN?

The only document I can find is a "K.21" (ค.21) from 2016.

Can someone confirm that the (pixelated) number (10 digits) appearing twice is the TIN?

(not sure from translation results).

I am interested as there is a chance that my German bank would ask for (happens from Swiss banks regularly).

taxid_markus_pix.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

14 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Passport + address certificate from Immigration will be required

My current entry is based on Thai ID number for foreigners (yellow book/pink card).

So I hope I won't need an address certificate.

Or is it simply my 13 digit Thai ID number for foreigners? (6-...).

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

My current entry is based on Thai ID number for foreigners (yellow book/pink card).

So I hope I won't need an address certificate.

Yes, since you have the 13 digit Pink ID card for foreigners, the same 13 digits on the card will be your new TIN.

They will copy your address from your Yellow House Book

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

I am in the same situation as OP. I have found an old number in an old wallet. Could this be my tax identification number.

Formatted as this x-xxxx-xxxxx-xx-x

On the 13 digit tax ID card issued by the revenue department for foreigners it typically looks like this: XXX-X-XXXXXXXX-X

3 hours ago, DrJoy said:

Yes, since you have the 13 digit Pink ID card for foreigners, the same 13 digits on the card will be your new TIN.

They will copy your address from your Yellow House Book

If you have a 13 digit TIN already, and eventually you apply for a pink id card later on, then usually the 13 digit numbers on the TIN card and the pink id card do not match and will not be the same. 

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Years ago I was at the revenue department and applied for return of witholding tax.

It was approved and I obviously was registered and should have a TIN?

The only document I can find is a "K.21" (ค.21) from 2016.

Can someone confirm that the (pixelated) number (10 digits) appearing twice is the TIN?

(not sure from translation results).

I am interested as there is a chance that my German bank would ask for (happens from Swiss banks regularly).

taxid_markus_pix.jpg

If you have a 10 digit number, and go to your local revenue department branch, then they will automatically convert your 10 digit number to a new 13 digit number.

If you are not certain of your TIN then if you bring the passport to the revenue department (the one that you used to apply for your original TIN) then they should be able to locate your TIN record in their system. 

12 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

On the 13 digit tax ID card issued by the revenue department for foreigners it typically looks like this: XXX-X-XXXXXXXX-X

My social security card goes x-xxxx-xxxxxx-xx-x

Yes, I have free healthcare for the rest of my life

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

My social security card goes x-xxxx-xxxxxx-xx-x

Yes, I have free healthcare for the rest of my life

I took that format I provided from a standard Thai Revenue Department Taxpayer Identification Card. 

IMG_3968.jpeg.606cc0219f74ea6e7efd91300961c99b.jpeg

15 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

I took that format I provided from a standard Thai Revenue Department Taxpayer Identification Card. 

IMG_3968.jpeg.606cc0219f74ea6e7efd91300961c99b.jpeg

I have two of them, one for my Swedish passport, one for my Finnish.

My surathani tax card is x-xxxx-xxxx-x

Guess it's a provincial tax authorities thing. Could not use my old tax ID when I moved to Chonburi 

39 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

As mentioned: the application at the RD is based on my Thai ID nr. which I already had at the time.

So I assume the 10 digit number of 2016 is now replaced by that ID.

What supports the idea is, that the website signaled that I already have an online account when using this citizen ID. What remains unclear for the moment is that I can't remember having given e-mail and password.

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

As mentioned: the application at the RD is based on my Thai ID nr. which I already had at the time.

So I assume the 10 digit number of 2016 is now replaced by that ID.

What supports the idea is, that the website signaled that I already have an online account when using this citizen ID. What remains unclear for the moment is that I can't remember having given e-mail and password.

AFAIR The transition from 10-digit to 13-digit tax ID numbers for foreigners in Thailand occurred in September 2017. 

Anyway, which website are you trying to log into? RD or another one?

If it says you have an account already then try putting in your regular email address and tell it you forgot your password. Maybe it will email you a password reset link. Then you can reset your password and login. 

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Fiddled on the RD site.

I will try as you suggest.

Anyway, if you entered your 13 digit foreigner ID card number into the RD website (it's not a citizen card if it's a pink ID card), and it says that you have an account already, then I think you can safely assume that this is your correct Thai tax ID number. That means your problem is solved and you can provide this 13 digit number as your TIN to your banks in Germany and Switzerland. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ABCDBKK said:

then usually the 13 digit numbers on the TIN card and the pink id card do not match and will not be the same. 

The OP has pink card and house book in his possession already

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Fiddled on the RD site.

I will try as you suggest.

Can you please provide the website address, is it in English? would like to verify mine, thanks

4 hours ago, ABCDBKK said:

If you have a 10 digit number, and go to your local revenue department branch, then they will automatically convert your 10 digit number to a new 13 digit number.

If you are not certain of your TIN then if you bring the passport to the revenue department (the one that you used to apply for your original TIN) then they should be able to locate your TIN record in their system. 

So if you are on a new passport they can't locate you within the system? hmmmm........

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

So if you are on a new passport they can't locate you within the system? hmmmm........

Makes me think if you give a number to your home country tax office whether right or wrong what would be the outcome........

You can prove it was given originally - if now changed........

Worst that can happen is asked to update number otherwise maybe just fall though the cracks...............:coffee1:

4 hours ago, mokwit said:

Hard to say. It's always good to keep your old passports for situations like this. I know from

personal experience that, if you get a new passport, and you want to update your passport information on your account with a Thai bank then they always ask to see both the old passport for verification and the new passport to be added to your account. So it's always good to have both. 

17 hours ago, Mavideol said:

Can you please provide the website address, is it in English? would like to verify mine, thanks

That's the starting point:

https://www.rd.go.th/english/30115.html

From there to efiling:

https://efiling.rd.go.th/rd-efiling-web/register

All in Thai but with Chrome you get a good translation.

The pictures shows what happens after entering my foreigner ID.

I navigated further to a point where a "password forgotten" option is found,

But leads to nowhere (recovery questions/answers without success).

I will not try to get further until required.

Guess a visit at the local RD office with wife would be necessary,

(click on image for full size)

register.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

That's the starting point:

https://www.rd.go.th/english/30115.html

From there to efiling:

https://efiling.rd.go.th/rd-efiling-web/register

All in Thai but with Chrome you get a good translation.

The pictures shows what happens after entering my foreigner ID.

I navigated further to a point where a "password forgotten" option is found,

But leads to nowhere (recovery questions/answers without success).

I will not try to get further until required.

Guess a visit at the local RD office with wife would be necessary,

(click on image for full size)

register.jpg

thanks, do appreciate