Pork Sausages

aussiechick

OK - I know I am not an expert on sausages (I am not British) but I have just had the best sausages since I have been in Thailand.

These you have to cook yourself but they were flavoursome, cooked well and I wanted more. Also bacon was very good. I had sage and onion sausages, cumberland and one with a bite to it.

Where? Mr Moo's - yes just pork products. His shop is in the row of town houses next to Big C Sukhumvit, down the roadway on the right. He also does scotch eggs and sauage rolls so I will have to go back and try them very soon. He only officially opened yesterday but if the standard stays this good he will be around a long time!

Go buy and try.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found that in Pattaya, western wholesale have the best, Wayne does a great job and they have good casings that are imported and not the cheap synthetic ones that make you think you are eating a sausage covered in plastic.

OK - I know I am not an expert on sausages (I am not British) but I have just had the best sausages since I have been in Thailand.

These you have to cook yourself but they were flavoursome, cooked well and I wanted more. Also bacon was very good. I had sage and onion sausages, cumberland and one with a bite to it.

Where? Mr Moo's - yes just pork products. His shop is in the row of town houses next to Big C Sukhumvit, down the roadway on the right. He also does scotch eggs and sauage rolls so I will have to go back and try them very soon. He only officially opened yesterday but if the standard stays this good he will be around a long time!

Go buy and try.

Thanks for the information. I will give this place a try. I am always on the look out for quality sausages in the Pattaya area. :)

I found that in Pattaya, western wholesale have the best, Wayne does a great job and they have good casings that are imported and not the cheap synthetic ones that make you think you are eating a sausage covered in plastic.

Where is Western Wholesale in Pattaya?????

171/39 Moo 12, Soi Chaiyapreuk 2

about 100m up on the right from Sukhumvit

Go buy and try.

Thanks for the information. I will give this place a try. I am always on the look out for quality sausages in the Pattaya area. :)

Try Jack Tar Bar Soi 6 1 Kilo 240 Bht .. ( Frozen ) not sure who makes them , but there pretty good

171/39 Moo 12, Soi Chaiyapreuk 2

about 100m up on the right from Sukhumvit

cheers me dears

Edited by patklang

Go buy and try.

Try Jack Tar Bar Soi 6 1 Kilo 240 Bht .. ( Frozen ) not sure who makes them , but there pretty good

google western food asia and check waynes price list, 198b kg

Now if he could get hold of some decent bread and offer sausage sandwiches - Yum Yum :)

if you want decent bread try S & P in Carrefour on the ground floor opposite subway

ask for English bread

its not cheap but its big,thick & moist, lasts for days without going dry and its simply the best i have had in Thailand

its as close to Warburtons toasting bread as you will find

it also makes great sausage sandwiches.

i buy my sausages from Chesters on the darkside

he gets them delivered from some firm in BKK

like his breakfasts, the sausages are delicious

• 4 weeks later...

OK, maybe a late Breakfast, but I have just cooked Mr Moo's Streaky Bacon. post-34728-1246169398.gif It was DELIOUSOUS !!

Yes, it is more expensive than the others in town - I have tried most - but being DRY CURED, there is no water dripping out the packet (I bought a one kilo pack) and the pan is not swimming with water after you cook it, so the price balances out.

I have also tried their Scotch Eggs (tasty pork mince wrapped round andegg in bread crumbs) and rate them worth buying again (althiough the ones in Best Supermarket are cheaper, so I will alternate).

I also tried a "Trial recipe" Pastry - Hot and Spicy (Vegetable) pasty - that he had on opening day. Hot enough for your TG to like!!

Edited by grahamhc

I've tried Mr Moo's back bacon and during cooking fat oozed out, to fatty for my liking.

I tried the Cumberland sausage and they where tasty but a bit on the dry side when grilled.

The sausage rolls where fine.

Why don't suppliers use pig's intestines for their sausages?

A suppler i used in Phuket used them and it's much better than chewing on plastic skins.

I've tried Mr Moo's back bacon and during cooking fat oozed out, to fatty for my liking.

I tried the Cumberland sausage and they where tasty but a bit on the dry side when grilled.

The sausage rolls where fine.

Why don't suppliers use pig's intestines for their sausages?

A suppler i used in Phuket used them and it's much better than chewing on plastic skins.

must agree ,went there the other day ,but the bacon looked extremelly fatty ,had to give it a miss. oh and expensive

Well to be honest, I find it impossible to beat Waynes, (Wholesale Meat Supplier) http://www.westernfoodasia.com/

not only is his meat tasty, but the prices are lower than other places...I look forward to trying Mr Moo's...but I am surprised to hear about fatty bacon etc after all the earlier good comments.

Happy Days :)

Edited by Pdavies99

I am curretly in Bangladesh, so no pork products, fatty or otherwise.

Chicken sausages, not even beef bacon (which is available in the Middle East), and thosands of grubby hands touching every item before itreaches you.

And it's heavy rain, so about 150mm of water in the streets.

But only one more week, then back to Patters.

Well to be honest, I find it impossible to beat Waynes, (Wholesale Meat Supplier) http://www.westernfoodasia.com/

not only is his meat tasty, but the prices are lower than other places...I look forward to trying Mr Moo's...but I am surprised to hear about fatty bacon etc after all the earlier good comments.

Happy Days :)

Personally, as I am not wholesale customer and don't want van deliveries, I prefer to "Visit the butcher" and choose my meat (as packs vary), so I use Beefy's shop - KPK Foods, behind Carrefour http://www.kpkfoods.com/ ). or go down to Yorkies on Jomtien Beach Road (by Soi Chayapruk 1) for my Pork Pies and Ox Tongue (Yummy)

KPK also have lovely Rhubarb Crumble pies !!

Mr Moo listens to customer feedback and willing to change the receipe to meet local tastes. Don't just whinge on a Forum, go tell him to his face. He will thank you for it. He is Amercan, so unlike Thais, welcomes customer feedback.

Personally, as I am not wholesale customer and don't want van deliveries, I prefer to "Visit the butcher" and choose my meat (as packs vary), so I use Beefy's shop - KPK Foods, behind Carrefour http://www.kpkfoods.com/ ). or go down to Yorkies on Jomtien Beach Road (by Soi Chayapruk 1) for my Pork Pies and Ox Tongue (Yummy)

Mr Moo listens to customer feedback and willing to change the receipe to meet local tastes. Don't just whinge on a Forum, go tell him to his face. He will thank you for it. He is Amercan, so unlike Thais, welcomes customer feedback.

Have you tried 'SS Sausage' on Pattaya Naklua Road?

Tried the 2 types of sausage and thouth they were bland,the sausage rolls were nice and the bacon.

There are 4 types carried by Mr Moo

Bold Cumberland

Cumberland

English Pork

Sage and onion

I have had both Waynes and Mr Moos now and find Mr Moos quiet tasty in comparison, as for being dry that really is an indication of low fat content in the mix.

The sausage rolls and pies are very nice as well as are the scotch eggs.

The collagen casings aren't as bad as plastic ones, the collagen casings Mr Moo uses are not like plastic like some I have had.

Natural casings are made mostly from collagen, which makes them very similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casing_(sausage)

Bold Cumberland

Cumberland

English Pork

Sage and onion

Thanks for the information. I will try out the Cumberland sausage and report back.

post-36006-1246406773_thumb.jpg

Does anybody know where to get good "Texas style" sausage? Hate the place or not........the smoked BBQ sausage is fantastic (see pic with smoked sausage and smoked brisket).

Or a simple Brats? How I miss some of the foods we have back home in the Nation of Texas. :)

Bold Cumberland

Cumberland

English Pork

Sage and onion

Thanks for the information. I will try out the Cumberland sausage and report back.

Does anybody know where to get good "Texas style" sausage? Hate the place or not........the smoked BBQ sausage is fantastic (see pic with smoked sausage and smoked brisket).

Or a simple Brats? How I miss some of the foods we have back home in the Nation of Texas. :)

That looks like fried shoe and fried stool on toast.

I realise that it's Texan, but really - did you have to?

Bold Cumberland

Cumberland

English Pork

Sage and onion

Or a simple Brats? How I miss some of the foods we have back home in the Nation of Texas. :D

That looks like fried shoe and fried stool on toast.

I realise that it's Texan, but really - did you have to?

:):D OK........let me rephrase........does anybody know where to get fried shoe and fried stool on toast in Thailand? :D