Decent Bagel With Lox & Cream Cheese In Ch. Mai?

mp413

Perhaps Jingthing could do a poll on which most of us prefer, an excellent croissant or an excellent bagel with all of the fixings. However, I enjoy both, but I think that the croissant would win in a landslide - They are SO good! :)

Perhaps Jingthing could do a poll on which most of us prefer, an excellent croissant or an excellent bagel with all of the fixings. However, I enjoy both, but I think that the croissant would win in a landslide - They are SO good! :)

I'm a both man too, and the actual or probable results of such a poll hold no interest for me.

A croissant is a sunny morning

A croissant is earth, water and fire

A croissant is wind in a wheat field

A croissant is a rainy Sunday afternoon

A croissant is a scent

A croissant is the hand of my mother

A croissant is her smile

A croissant is a moon that shines exclusively for the children

A croissant is solace.

A croissant is chocolate's best friend

A croissant is warmth

A croissant is my father's hard earned money

A croissant is a heritage

A croissant is love

Khun Hulot.

« But when from a long-distant past nothing subsists, after the people are dead, after the things are broken and scattered, taste and smell alone, more fragile but more enduring, more unsubstantial, more persistent, more faithful, remain poised a long time, like souls, remembering, waiting, hoping, amid the ruins of all the rest; and bear unflinchingly, in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence, the vast structure of recollection. » Khun Proust.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Monsieur Hulot,

Quelle Magnifique ! What a wonderful response, and what a wonderful quote from Proust ! Thank you.

I hope one day I have the pleasure of our physical containers temporarily co-habiting the same temporal-spatial zone, and being able to exchange sound vibrations via mouths and ears, hopefully while ingesting either a great croissant or bagel :) But I am sad to inform you (assuming you are French) : my farang does not know your beautiful mother-tongue, and, of course, his own mother tongue has disowned him for chronic delinquency.

regards, ~o:37;

Bagels even with their big hole are a masculine bread. No nonsense. Not sugary and frilly. Rough but reliable. A good provider ... of breakfast. Handsome. A toothsome manly shell. That is why a REAL bagel is BOILED and a real bagel wouldn't be caught dead with cinnamon and raisins baked in. You put the creamy stuff on it, as thick as you can take it.

Croissants are a feminine bread. Just look at the shape, say the word out loud and you will sound girly, they are like a Georgia O'Keefe painting. The butter is in there... so naturally I am a BAGEL man myself. Freud would have a field day with that one. I wonder if they had good bagels in Vienna at the time? Sometimes a bagel is just a bagel ...

post-37101-1244119178_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

I love bagels. But when put next to a delicate, puffy, crumbly croissant, there's really no competition. Call me a girly-man all you want, but I cannot tell a lie.

I'm sure that even the spelling police could work out a word with one missing letter. :)

He was responding to Jingthing’s taunt about macho men preferring bagels.

I love bagels. But when put next to a delicate, puffy, crumbly croissant, there's really no competition. Call me a girly-man all you want, but I cannot tell a lie.

I'm sure that even the spelling police could work out a word with one missing letter. :)

He was responding to Jingthing’s taunt about macho men preferring bagels.

Real men eat bagels? Bah! Reel men spel badly, thats wot reel men do.