Empty Carbs & Fat

WinnieTheKhwai

Another one for the foodies: Where in Chiang Mai is the best place for empty carbs and fat? The bagel & cream cheese came close, but the carbs aren't quite empty enough for my liking, and cheese has some protein in it. Duke's pizza was dissappointing too; sure there was enough oil floating on it to put in my car and drive home on, but due to the excessive tomato on it the vitamin count just went off the charts.

So let's have it... Any recommendations? Money is no object as long as the fat is hydrogenated or otherwise solid, and carbs are so empty they draw a vacuum.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

How about the Eggs Benedict at the Art Cafe/Hidden Cafe?

....Heart attack on a plate!

(Just NEVER expect your muffin to be toasted though,

however many times you ask them when ordering!)

David

Another one for the foodies: Where in Chiang Mai is the best place for empty carbs and fat? The bagel & cream cheese came close, but the carbs aren't quite empty enough for my liking, and cheese has some protein in it. Duke's pizza was dissappointing too; sure there was enough oil floating on it to put in my car and drive home on, but due to the excessive tomato on it the vitamin count just went off the charts.

So let's have it... Any recommendations? Money is no object as long as the fat is hydrogenated or otherwise solid, and carbs are so empty they draw a vacuum.

How about a Subway melt followed by the 'piece de resistance' and full of empty carbs. one of their delicious cookies!

Bon appetit

regards Bojo

You might try the food carts near any large school or university for deep fried empty carbs of all shapes and sizes. Not a vitamin or protein in sight and certainly won't break the budget.

What about the ice-cream in a fried sweet bun?

Wash down with a rainbow coloured icy drink with added candies and jellies.

American style breakfast biscuits & gravy might work. Anyone doing that? Or a deep fried spam-donut with cornstarch based cheese-replacement product?

Please, I'm desperate.

you should be... pervert! :)

I love the greasy fried chicken you get at any of the Thai markets. Old palm oil that could have been used previously as engine oil. The batter is so oily you can squeeze it out like a sponge. Yummy!

Edited by getgoin

empty carbs and fat...just eat the bread it is white and full of fat and empty carbs.

but you got it with most pizza here really they have a ton of fat and equal ton of carbs,the tomoto on it if u measured vitamins would not amount to anything realitive to the carbs and pure fat .in fact you would have to eat a 10 kilos of the tomatoes to get a blip on the vitamin dial.

after the pizza feast for desert stroll to the typical roti stand and/or the fried thai donut stand with the green topping...

i am sure beer is a health food relative to the above!

Indeed, though you can (and Number 1 bar does) serve croquette balls with it. Croquette balls are basically bits of beef in a starchy ragout that contains butter and flour, which are then battered and deep fried. Add some glasses of beer and we may have a winner! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitterballen + http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leffe

No fats in beer :).

That's true, but it is the best food in helping you keep the fat you have. I love beer, but

dang it makes me chubby so fast. Found this that explains it a bit:

"So...how does alcohol make you fat, especially when it doesn't have any fat in it? To

understand how this process occurs, let's examine the consumption of a 5 ounce

glass of red wine by a fictional character named Vinny.

Vinny takes a drink. As the alcohol enters into digestion, it is split into two

compounds: fat and acetate. The fat is taken through the bloodstream and stored

wherever Vinny tends to deposit fat. The acetate is taken into the bloodstream and

used as Vinny's primary energy fuel.

If you take anything away from this article, read that last sentence again. The

acetate is used as Vinny's primary energy fuel. This means that rather than burning

carbohydrates, protein, or fat as a fuel, Vinny's body relies on the acetate for

energy. It completely stops burning anything else. Suddenly, Vinny has a surplus of

carbs, protein, and fat circulating in the body with nowhere to go. So where does it

all end up? You guessed it...it's converted to fat and deposited on Vinny's waistline."

There's ways around that though. On days that you plan to drink alcohol, just don't eat anything that's high energy. I'm talking cucumber and an egg, with the yolk removed. :) Then drink, which means your body can't burn anything else but the alcohol, and perhaps finish up with another egg-white to fight he munchies afterwards. Keep drinking a lot of water as well, before, during and after. Then go to bed.

If the amount of alcohol wasn't completely insane that should result waking up a little slimmer than before, and without a hangover. (Any weight loss is mostly due to dehydration though, so don't think this is a way to lose weight. It's a way to not get fat while still having a life.)

How about a lime drizzle cake . . .

if you make it with lime juice powder and hydrogenated palm oil margerine

then it must be close to empty carbs with a little cholestorol to boost!

White flour 225g

White sugsr 225g

Hydrogenated palm oil 225g

lime juice powder pinch

4 eggs

icing sugar and lime juice for drizzle

David

No fats in beer :) .

That's true, but it is the best food in helping you keep the fat you have. I love beer, but

dang it makes me chubby so fast. Found this that explains it a bit:

"So...how does alcohol make you fat, especially when it doesn't have any fat in it? To

understand how this process occurs, let's examine the consumption of a 5 ounce

glass of red wine by a fictional character named Vinny.

Vinny takes a drink. As the alcohol enters into digestion, it is split into two

compounds: fat and acetate. The fat is taken through the bloodstream and stored

wherever Vinny tends to deposit fat. The acetate is taken into the bloodstream and

used as Vinny's primary energy fuel.

If you take anything away from this article, read that last sentence again. The

acetate is used as Vinny's primary energy fuel. This means that rather than burning

carbohydrates, protein, or fat as a fuel, Vinny's body relies on the acetate for

energy. It completely stops burning anything else. Suddenly, Vinny has a surplus of

carbs, protein, and fat circulating in the body with nowhere to go. So where does it

all end up? You guessed it...it's converted to fat and deposited on Vinny's waistline."

no ,no , no!!! only if vinny is from krypton or another galaxy ..an alien ,not human or of our lovely earth. acetaldehyde orAcetaldehyde to Acetic Acidor Acetic Acid to Acetyl-CoA i think you are refering to maybe not sure...

any only if that red wine is from alien fruit as well >>> fat and acetate no,no no.

no fat in all goes anywhere from alcohol , no acetate either .The word ACETATE: synthetic fiber used to make fabric with a silk‑like appearance which resist stretching and shrinking and are moderately absorbent.

alcohol that is processed by the body ends up as acetic acid in the urine( i think ).no acetate but free acetate does form in the liver which is what poisens us (i believe maybe )but can not go further without some study no time now...

but acetate is not an engery source for the body it is a by product formed in liver since 95% of alcohol you swill down the liver/kidney handles .

alcohol does not cause you to gain weight eating everything with it when your drunk does though.

lets all open our books to biology 001..

Edited by gatorhead333

I think ethanol goes directly from stomach to bloodstream, and is metabolyzed as an aldehyde. Physiology 204.

if not absorb by the blood stream how would it get to the liver!! Alcohol can only be oxidized in the liver, where enzymes are found to initiate the process.there is no matabolisim in the blood stream no.

very basic science 0001

i am done talking about this everybody read up this is called common info ..but does not matter what matters :

the basic fact is alcohol does not make you fat. No. eating everything thing in sight when drunk does, you see many skinny thin drunks ,the fat ones are just guys that can not control their eating when drunk....most likely

Edited by gatorhead333