Numb Bum?

Very cool! While I can't imagine doing all that work myself I do think I'll print out that guide and bring it to a local seat shop here in Bangers to give them an idea of what I'd like done. My main gripe with the stock seat on the ER6n is the forward pitch and I think leveling it out will greatly improve comfort on long rides. Thanks for posting the link 12drink!

BTW- anyone have recommendations for good saddle shops in Bangers? I seem them all over the place but have yet to actually give one a try.

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Very cool! While I can't imagine doing all that work myself I do think I'll print out that guide and bring it to a local seat shop here in Bangers to give them an idea of what I'd like done. My main gripe with the stock seat on the ER6n is the forward pitch and I think leveling it out will greatly improve comfort on long rides. Thanks for posting the link 12drink!

BTW- anyone have recommendations for good saddle shops in Bangers? I seem them all over the place but have yet to actually give one a try.

Yes, great guide and had the same thoughts for my tiger boxer.....will also forward this link to khun pariya from tiger ....it may help to improve the new saddle, that is good, even further .

mbox

I've modified my seat on the Fazer FZ1 twice.

First time I went to a Thai bike shop; at best it's hit and miss. did'nt turn out well.

Second time I went to an upholstery shop that did car seats etc...

If you know what you want to do and have accurate dimensions or a sample picture they'll do it for you.

They did a great job on mine and you can choose padding and cover materials.

My problem is never a numb bum. It`s numb balls when I ride around on my VFR. I use it for at least an hour per day, usually more. A seat mod would be nice.

Rode all over Thailand on a Yamaha and found the seat hot and hard after a 100 kilometers. Bought a thick lambswool skin at the market, had it cut to fit over the seat and found it soft, cool and comfortable. Only have to remove it when it rains, put it in plastic bag until it passes. Have the place I bought it from at the market clean it for me. I am never without it, swear by it. Hope this helps.

Edited by OZEMADE

Rode all over Thailand on a Yamaha and found the seat hot and hard after a 100 kilometers. Bought a thick lambswool skin at the market, had it cut to fit over the seat and found it soft, cool and comfortable. Only have to remove it when it rains, put it in plastic bag until it passes. Have the place I bought it from at the market clean it for me. I am never without it, swear by it. Hope this helps.

Hah! You Aussies just can't leave the sheep alone, can you? Not for a moment!

I am never without it, swear by it.

:):D :D :D :D

Edited by 12DrinkMore