Immigration Offices

I think Maybe its time to create an archive or reference library that members can refer to showing the ups and downs and pitfalls of Immigration Offices around Thailand.

So with out me listing all the Immigration Offices, if you have a good report or bad report about your local office then post it here, but I don't want hearsay comments.

If its a good report tell us why !

If its a bad report tell us why !

If the problem was created by yourself then don't criticise the office.

Good idea but you won't get many people that would admit it was their fault. Many times it is just a misunderstanding.

I can report that Phibun is the greatest. Only seen one unhappy report about it and it was more a misunderstanding than anything else.

Will give an udate later today after the wife and I go for our 90 day report. Me for the report and her for a chat with the immigration officers. It takes longer for her chat than the report.

Good idea but you won't get many people that would admit it was their fault. Many times it is just a misunderstanding.

I can report that Phibun is the greatest. Only seen one unhappy report about it and it was more a misunderstanding than anything else.

Will give an udate later today after the wife and I go for our 90 day report. Me for the report and her for a chat with the immigration officers. It takes longer for her chat than the report.

Well my new wife said to me do you want to move to an area where you will not have a problem bless her a heart of gold.

I know there will not be many that admit it was there fault mate, maybe I should move again to your area haha

I will say that Khorat Immigration Office is very helpful and friendly. Apart from the long drive I actually enjoyed going there for a friendly chat.

Wish I could say the same about Nong Khai. I went there about 4 weeks ago for a Re Entry Permit. Totally different atmosphere. Very intimidating.

I've been using Suan Plu (Bangkok) for years and I've always found the staff to be efficient and helpful, and when not too busy, friendly. The attitude you bring with you makes a big difference, and they have to work with outdated systems and equipment.

Kap Cheong, south of Surin is friendly and follow the rules

Hi

I would 'second' the above statement. I would add they do not accept postal 90 day reports, however.

CONGRATULATIONS MACB

You kept that quiet(or I missed it)

Good luck

:)

Dave & Sri

Thumbs up for Chiangmai Immigration. Never had a problem (16 years) except twice and both times was the fault of the university not supplying a document. Even then, immigration went out of their way to resolve the situation.

I have always found Pattaya very helpful and efficient but according to the new rules I am supposed to use Sriracha.

Sriracha seem to be ok if it is something straightforward like a 90 day report or change of address report, I haven't done an extension of stay there yet.

But when I got my certificate of residence to renew my drivers licence it was a really long winded process, first of all they didn't know which form I had to fill in, then they said I had to get a letter from the land transport dept stating why they required a certificate of residence (Pattaya do not require this).

When all that was done they then told me to come back in three days to collect the certificate. Personally I would rather pay 200 baht at Pattaya (free at Sriracha) and get the certificate the same day, in fact when my motorbike licence needs renewing next month I am going to try going to Pattaya and see if they will process it or if they send me away, will post the results here.

In the last four or five years from my experience and what I have read here service at most if not all Immigration Offices have been much better than in recent past, say ten or more years ago, i.e., least than an hour for one year retirement visa approve(with all documents in order),very nice friendly Immigration Officers. :):D

I can say that Phibun was normal yesterday when I did my report. Took a little longer than normal because they actually had some other customers. But a lady from one of the desks in back came out and got my form and passport.

She did something a little different on my report date though. At first it was stamped 31 August. untill she noticed my current extension runs out on the 18th. I now have a report date of August 18th.

No problem with that though because I will just plan my application so it will fall within the 7 days when I go back after 30 days to get my extension stamp. That was my intention anyway if had been the 31st.