Professional Dog Groomer

st11x

G'day,

We are looking for a professional groomer here in Chiang Mai. I have not been impressed by those we have seen and been to so far. One example are the ones at Kad Suan Kaew, it is so dirty even if they can do a good job. We have used the services of the pet store at Big C on the super highway, but it doesn't look any much cleaner.

Thanks

Matt

G'day,

We are looking for a professional groomer here in Chiang Mai. I have not been impressed by those we have seen and been to so far. One example are the ones at Kad Suan Kaew, it is so dirty even if they can do a good job. We have used the services of the pet store at Big C on the super highway, but it doesn't look any much cleaner.

Thanks

Matt

Pet Mart on Canal Road heading south, about 500 metres before the Night Safari crossing. They have a separate grooming department that certainly looks both professional and clean. I don't use it myself, as my cats prefer their daily combing at home...

/ Priceless

G'day,

Thanks

Matt

We've tried four different groomers in the Sansai area and each time one or the other of our dogs came back with either a skin rash or ticks so stay away from the two across the road from the 'sam yek' market, the one at Ruomchok market and the new one at the mouth of Doi Saket Rd next to where the Merc showroom used to be. Mrs T and I are on the lookout for yet another one in the area.

Priceless, thanks for the recommendation. We took your advice and went to Pet Mart today. They certainly look good and very clean. So we let them groomed our Westies and were very pleased with the results. The store has good prices on dog treats too, they just do not have quality dry foods.

Thakkar, you might want to give them a try. Just don't pop over to the coffee place at the far end.

Matt

Priceless, thanks for the recommendation. We took your advice and went to Pet Mart today. They certainly look good and very clean. So we let them groomed our Westies and were very pleased with the results. The store has good prices on dog treats too, they just do not have quality dry foods.

Thakkar, you might want to give them a try. Just don't pop over to the coffee place at the far end.

Matt

I don't know whether you met the owner, an attractive lady in her thirties. She speaks excellent English and is usually very helpful, I wouldn't be surprised if she can order what you'd like. I buy a rather special type of Royal Canin (extreme hairball, for long-haired cats only) for my cats, and she will order it for me.

Glad that I could be of help, anyway :)

/ Priceless

• 6 months later...

I have many years of experience as a professional dog groomer in Canada and have often dreamed of moving to Thailand. Realistically, how hard is it to live and work in Thailand? Would it be a realistic prospect to move and set up a dog grooimg business. I have rave reviews on my skills, to the point I cannot take new clients. Any thoughts?

• 4 months later...

Matt

Is Pet Mart that pet store a little way along from Impress Dental clinic?

Do you need to make an appointment?

Do you have a telephone number?

Cheers :)

Not sure about Impress, but they are at the last row of "new" shophouses on the canal row heading south just before you turn right to the Night Safari.

They have remodeled and the grooming area is now smaller and feels cramped.

Try iGroom, we just discovered them and they have a nice place.

Matt

Not sure about Impress, but they are at the last row of "new" shophouses on the canal row heading south just before you turn right to the Night Safari.

Matt

Where's iGroom? :D

Coming from Pun Pun go to the intersection with the Rama IX bridge on your left, turn right there. Go straight at the next T-section with lights. From this T-section it's about 100 meters further on your left. (my estimation is bad, so it easily can be 75 meters or 125 meters)

Edited by Nienke

Cheers :D

Matt

I posted this a few posts above...

iGroom, it used to be called Starwood. It's across from Payap Divinity. They do a fantastic job and are cleaner and nicer than some of the salons in Chiang Mai. Tell em "Luukchin" sent you :)

Cheers :D

Matt

I posted this a few posts above...

iGroom, it used to be called Starwood. It's across from Payap Divinity. They do a fantastic job and are cleaner and nicer than some of the salons in Chiang Mai. Tell em "Luukchin" sent you :)

Thanks "Luukchin" - Where is Payap Divinity?

Does it link up with this post by Nienke (thanks)?

Coming from Pun Pun go to the intersection with the Rama IX bridge on your left, turn right there. Go straight at the next T-section with lights. From this T-section it's about 100 meters further on your left. (my estimation is bad, so it easily can be 75 meters or 125 meters)

Do you need an appointment - any phone numbers? :D

Haha Luukchin is my Dog :)

It's on Ratanakosin road, along with CMIS, close to Dara and Prince.

I haven't been in Thailand for 1.5 years so the bridge names and directions aren't coming to me so quickly.

Enter these numbers into google maps, it should highlight the building, or the row of buildings it is in.

18.800923, 99.009067

:D

• 4 weeks later...
long-haired cats

/ Priceless

Trippy hippie cats?

I have done cats, but specialize in dogs. I am friends with a Maine Coon breeder who show her cats too and is showing me the ropes of grooming long hair cats. Are there lots of "cat people" where you are?

Can I please know the email address or phone number of this Maine Coon Cat breeder in Thailand you are referring to? My wife and I had one in Australia and we love this breed. So we would like to buy another one now that we live in Thailand. Thanks, Cal :)

long-haired cats

/ Priceless

Trippy hippie cats?

I have done cats, but specialize in dogs. I am friends with a Maine Coon breeder who show her cats too and is showing me the ropes of grooming long hair cats. Are there lots of "cat people" where you are?

Can I please know the email address or phone number of this Maine Coon Cat breeder in Thailand you are referring to? My wife and I had one in Australia and we love this breed. So we would like to buy another one now that we live in Thailand. Thanks, Cal :)

My step daughter wants to learn dog grooming to start a business in Pai, any suggestions where sh should start looking for an apprenticeship?

Thanks.

Colin & Puangsoi

We mat a really nice chap in the nursery next to Lotus who chatted to my wife at length amd told her about a 'grooming school' he runs in the winter so we have decided to follow that up....

Thanks everyone,

Colin