Great Laptop Deal At Big C - Sold Out In 1 Hour

Chiangmai Foxy

hi guys,my first post in a while,although been living here a year already this time.

Anyway,i saw a great deal in the paper flyer for big c.they sold out every big c in hours!!!

8,495 baht

dell notebook

14 inch

pentium dual core 1.8ghz

1024mb ram

120gb hard drive

nvidea x3000 graphics card i think

dvd writer etc etc

now even though its not the best spec in the world,it was a bargain and i was too late.

can anyone advise me on where to go to get a good value laptop,doubt i would get the equivalent spec of the dell for the same price,

but maybe someone knows a sale on somewhere.

would like a half decent one,even though its only for internet,movies,music and doing schoolwork on.

havnt tried pantip or computer city yet,but tried tesco and not good value.

cheers everyone

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

hi guys,my first post in a while,although been living here a year already this time.

Anyway,i saw a great deal in the paper flyer for big c.they sold out every big c in hours!!!

8,495 baht

dell notebook

14 inch

pentium dual core 1.8ghz

1024mb ram

120gb hard drive

dvd writer etc etc

now even though its not the best spec in the world,it was a bargain and i was too late.

can anyone advise me on where to go to get a good value laptop,doubt i would get the equivalent spec of the dell for the same price,

but maybe someone knows a sale on somewhere.

would like a half decent one,even though its only for internet,movies,music and doing schoolwork on.

havnt tried pantip or computer city yet,but tried tesco and not good value.

cheers everyone

There is a Dell shop that recently opened in Central Airport Plaza. It's on the 3rd floor near the elevators. It's not too far from iStudio Apple store.

8,495 baht

dell notebook

14 inch

pentium dual core 1.8ghz

1024mb ram

120gb hard drive

dvd writer etc etc

hi :-)

yes, sounds like a good deal. no wonder it was sold out that fast ;)

a) if money is important consideration...; i'd suggest to go for second-hand-notebook. that market had been a bit down during last 18months or so --- but as people become more cost-conscious these days... market is reviving. for most users (that i met in many years) last year's cutting edge machines offer more than enough resources. problem mostly is that battery is dead --- so you can't use it "notebook-style" anymore.

also, state-of-the-art-machines even second-hand have their price (let's say, think about 15,000bht for something i'd call "good machine". but for sure you'd find sth that i'd call "works fine" for 8,000bht-10,000bht. yes, maybe prices sound ridiculous for you when you talk about "Big C" offer. that's one of reasons second-hand-market crashed; there just wasn't any money in it anymore. things have changed again) but, as i said, "if money is important consideration"... you'll find quite decent work-machines around.

if you're interested... don't go for panthip plaza ;) try smaller shops... if you're lucky you can even find a "new" unused machine @ good price... as these smaller shops just don't put that much money into advertisment. obviously, it requires footwork :-)

B) if you've time...; i'd suggest you wait for next cm ict fair. more often than not you'll find small shops that offer "new" (unused) machines of last year's production cycle. mostly these offers are significantly cheaper (some months ago i got a hp for a friend @ 50% of original price) --- & you'll get benefits of brand-new battery + warranty. dell, eg, has an ecellent warranty policy.

c) if you've time...; i guess we can expect a rise in offers same-same to "Big C". it's just a trend. notebooks lost their tech-nerd-only appeal --- & are sold by big-resellers the very way as other stuff. problem is..., as you've noticed yourself... these offers sell out immediately ;)

chok dee na khrap :-)

:) if you've time...; i'd suggest you wait for next cm ict fair. more often than not you'll find small shops that offer "new" (unused) machines of last year's production cycle. mostly these offers are significantly cheaper (some months ago i got a hp for a friend @ 50% of original price) --- & you'll get benefits of brand-new battery + warranty. dell, eg, has an ecellent warranty policy.

Do you happen to know when the next ICT Fair is likely to be? I never seem to notice these things until it's too late!

JxP

Do you happen to know when the next ICT Fair is likely to be? I never seem to notice these things until it's too late!

JxP

i'm sorry, no, i don't know. thinking ab it... it may be of interest for forum members. so i'll keep you updated, ok?

:) if you've time...; i'd suggest you wait for next cm ict fair. more often than not you'll find small shops that offer "new" (unused) machines of last year's production cycle. mostly these offers are significantly cheaper (some months ago i got a hp for a friend @ 50% of original price) --- & you'll get benefits of brand-new battery + warranty. dell, eg, has an ecellent warranty policy.

Do you happen to know when the next ICT Fair is likely to be?

Bump

So does anybody know when and where the ICT Fair is likely to be?

• 3 weeks later...

<snip...>

Do you happen to know when the next ICT Fair is likely to be?

Bump

So does anybody know when and where the ICT Fair is likely to be?

i'm sorry i'm late na ...

it'll be 2nd-5th july. opposite of cmu art museum. that big conference hall.

btw, thx monsieur for a recent lovely & inspiring praise of... croissants na :-)

be well