Garden

loubrockbank

we have a part of our garden which hasnt really been finished mixture of small bits of rubble soil and concrete. we want to do something cheap with it and that will be ok for our dogs too.

we are thinking of either turf or just getting new concrete down.

the bit of garden is approx 6m x 4m...any ideas where

a) ready to lay turf can be bought and price or

:) where we could get someone to concrete this area for us and again price?

we live near mission hospital...thanks :D

we have a part of our garden which hasnt really been finished mixture of small bits of rubble soil and concrete. we want to do something cheap with it and that will be ok for our dogs too.

we are thinking of either turf or just getting new concrete down.

the bit of garden is approx 6m x 4m...any ideas where

a) ready to lay turf can be bought and price or

:) where we could get someone to concrete this area for us and again price?

we live near mission hospital...thanks :D

For me, if it's to be partly used by your dogs, you need to consider whether the area is in sun or shade. Concrete in a place which gets a lot of sunshine would not be a good idea for your dogs (unless you plan to provide some sort of shade). They won't be happy on hot concrete. If you go towards buying turf, then you need to consider your dogs using it as a toilet, and getting grass 'burn' from your bitch(es). I've only seen one place selling turf, and that's on Chaofa Road West in Chalong, heading towards Chalong Circle on the right hand side. Can't remember exactly where it it, but if you cruise that road, you'll find it.

Check with neighbors/friends, I'm sure there are many local vendors in your area that could use the work. Don't worry to much about the COST go for the QUALITY, other words with assistance from neighbors/friends find someone that can and will do the job right :D:) Pictures of your Garden, here would be nice. :D:D

For me, if it's to be partly used by your dogs, you need to consider whether the area is in sun or shade. Concrete in a place which gets a lot of sunshine would not be a good idea for your dogs (unless you plan to provide some sort of shade). They won't be happy on hot concrete. If you go towards buying turf, then you need to consider your dogs using it as a toilet, and getting grass 'burn' from your bitch(es). I've only seen one place selling turf, and that's on Chaofa Road West in Chalong, heading towards Chalong Circle on the right hand side. Can't remember exactly where it it, but if you cruise that road, you'll find it.

our front garden is half car ported with concrete drive already there so is very shaded all day, its just the 2nd half that they have left. we dont keep our dogs outside we prefer them inside when we are out, but of course when we are home we leave the door open for them to go in the garden etc :) hence we are trying to find someting very easy to do and maintain.

will try chalong, and the garden centers and also the neighbours if i can find one that speaks english :D

I've seen on the bypass road north of wat chalong on the opposite side a garden shop that has a sign out front that says " grass" or "turf". The shop is maybe 1-2 k or so north of wat chalong before the next traffic light heading north.

Years ago the garden shop just past Wat Chalong, on the left heading towards the circle, claimed they were a major distributor of grass to the smaller shops. At the time I even got some of the thick bladed grass for free which is the one to use if the are is shaded.

Years ago the garden shop just past Wat Chalong, on the left heading towards the circle, claimed they were a major distributor of grass to the smaller shops. At the time I even got some of the thick bladed grass for free which is the one to use if the are is shaded.

OP, were you successful in finding a shop that has turf/grass?

Thanks again for the replies :) steelpulse havnt yet had a chance to go down there but will hopefully pop in this week and let you all know.

Think we have decided to go for grass now so will report on what its like and pricing incase anyone would like to know for future referance.

Edited by loubrockbank