Alternative To Pantip

phetaroi

From the States, I like to look at a few dozen models of computers before choosing one. Doesn't seem very possible at Pantip. Yesterday I tried looking at Fortune Plaza. Not impressed there either.

I will be looking for an HP computer in about 2 months. Any good alternative "show room" type of stores?

I have yet to see View Sonic monitors. Are they available here?

I think the best place is Seer Ransit It, VERY large much bigger than Pantip, + one floor that has all the named brand shops, which have every model they sell, it is just past the old airport..

yesterday at Seer Ransit they had 23" View Sonic monitors @ 6,200 baht.. LG & Samsung 22" @ 5,300 baht.

From the States, I like to look at a few dozen models of computers before choosing one. Doesn't seem very possible at Pantip. Yesterday I tried looking at Fortune Plaza. Not impressed there either.

I will be looking for an HP computer in about 2 months. Any good alternative "show room" type of stores?

I do believe that HP users have global citizenship ?

http://welcome.hp.com/country/th/en/welcome.html#Product

I think the best place is Seer Ransit It, VERY large much bigger than Pantip, + one floor that has all the named brand shops, which have every model they sell, it is just past the old airport..

yesterday at Seer Ransit they had 23" View Sonic monitors @ 6,200 baht.. LG & Samsung 22" @ 5,300 baht.

Grateful to know where Seer Ransit is. I did not know there was an 'old airport' only know of the exsisting one. Thanks :)

Grateful to know where Seer Ransit is. I did not know there was an 'old airport' only know of the exsisting one. Thanks :)

http://wikimapia.org/154833/Zeer-Rangsit-Shopping-Mall

It's a good ride out of town on Vivhavadi Rangsit Road (under the Don Mueang tollway).

If you don't want to travel so far, Fortune Town (outside Pha Ram 9 Metro station) is worth a look.

I'll go along with Zeer (seer?) Rangsit. really good choice, and not so crowded.

Go past the old airport (Don Meuang) on the Viphavadi-Rangsit Rd, and Zeer is on the right hand side, about 2km before you get to Future Park Shopping Mall.

I always shop at Zeer, it's quite close for me and has everything that Panthip has anyway.

It must have improved in the last 2 years. Last time I checked it out it was not worth the cab ride.

Zeer is good and along the way is I.T. City on the outward side of the road ,, you go past it to do the Uturn to get to Zeer, as said before it so less crowed than pathip ,, and you still get great deals

colino

In my experience you tend not to get the range of models that are available in europe or america or even hong kong. A good example being that I wanted to buy a Samsung NC10 netbook about 3 months ago, couldn't find them anywhere, as far as I and others on this forum could tell they just weren't availale in thailand, dropped into pantip two weeks ago and they were all over the place.

Seems to be you don't get the latest and greatest, at least from certain manufacturers, those units go to europe and the US first. Also be aware on the HP stuff yes they do have a global warrenty but you have to make sure that's what your buying as there also instances where they have a local thai warrenty on cheaper kit.

What about the one at Laksi?

I went there last week for the first time and was very impressed. I have been to Pantip (least favourite) Fortune Town (favourite), Zeer (good but grubby and to far out of town).

Laksi is really good lots of shops very open spaces, not packed, no in your face DVD guys and everything is already really cheap it was very easy to browse without been hastled and there is no hustle and bustle from too many people.

There was also a massage shop and nice coffee places too if you wanted to relax.

A really nice feel about this place and well worth the visit.

I will agree, Zeer used to be a bit grubby, but it's been having a bit of a facelift over the past few months.

There is also a large outside market if you are there late afternoon/ early evening, that's also worth a visit.