Customising Windows Vista Start Menu

media

Hey

sorry about the geeky post, but does anyone know if its possible on Vista to have the XP style/look when you click Start, programs.. i want them all to pop up to the right of the start menu.. like XP

i dont like vista the way it puts programs in the start window, i want to see all programs exactly like XP, pop up to the right..

ive tried but VIsta can be HARD to find out how to personalise things, everything is in a different place when it comes to settings and control...

my mate has tried Windows 7, says its ok.. but he says it desperately needs a service pack already so i am not in a hurry to change vista, it is quite stable now mine rarely crashes or hangs even when being pushed hard.

:)

sorry jimmy i should have explained better.

if you right click the START button on windows XP and click properties there is 2 start menu options.

START MENU

CLASSIC START MENU

I dont want the classic menu it doesnt show a list of recently openned programs or a link to MY Computer,

I want START MENU

I have tried to customize the classic menu on vista to try and make it look like the XP start menu but i cant get the link to my computer and the list of recent programs.

I think that on vista you can only have the old classic menu. strange, cause i remember that this was the old menu from windows98 etc.. i wonder why MS thought that people would want that start menu but not the XP start menu. weird.

Cheers.

media

Actually i quite like the Start menu on vista i only want to change 1 thing, its a shame you cant choose to have the list of programs pop up to the right like XP i like that full program list pop up from xp.

never mind. cant have it all in this life can we, at least im not stuck in blighty!