Best Value Money Changer In Bangkok?

SWDC

I'm taking my security deposit from my hotel lease in cash. They wouldn't give it to me as an int'l check or bank deposit. So now I need to find a good money changer. I'll need the money in US dollars. Anyone info please?

I'm taking my security deposit from my hotel lease in cash. They wouldn't give it to me as an int'l check or bank deposit. So now I need to find a good money changer. I'll need the money in US dollars. Anyone info please?

Super Rich.

Ratchadamri Road near Pratu Nam. Best in Bangkok.

Mad to go anywhere else if you have a large amount.

So is it a bad move to bring your bahts with you to the US and have them changed there? I take it the deal is better at Super Rich?

That's the worst way to change money. I glance at the booths at the airports in the US and the rates are maybe 10% worse. Banks might be better if you can find one to change them, but no where near what you'll get in Thailand.

How much better is the rate compared to a bank?

This site will tell you bank rates. Doubt if you can beat the Super Rich rates at their main location. Other Super Rich locations are still generally better than banks, but not as good as Ratchadamri :

http://bankexchangerates.daytodaydata.net/default.aspx

Thanks for the link. So we are talking about an extra 0.8-0.9 Baht in the pound?

Best money changers in Bkk - Chinese "money dealers" - okay, its all very discreet, but its reliable and the rates are always better than the banks.

They also provide a very good "Western Union" transfer service - I use them every month to send my son his allowance in the USA: I give them a cheque (in Loei) in the morning, and the same day USA/West Coast time the money is availible cash in my sons account in CA! - and the cost? - never mind cheaper than Western Union, its no more than if I sent it through the conventional SWIFT/TT banking system.