Acoustic Guitar Sales?

glennywenny

Howdy folks,

Does anyone have any advice on buying myself an decent qualituy acoustic guitar when I move to Phuket later this year? Guitar store perhaps? or does anyone know of a local luthier hiding away somewhere there? :)

Cheers,

Glenny Van-Halen

Howdy folks,

Does anyone have any advice on buying myself an decent qualituy acoustic guitar when I move to Phuket later this year? Guitar store perhaps? or does anyone know of a local luthier hiding away somewhere there? :)

Cheers,

Glenny Van-Halen

CentralWorld has a few music stores (about 4 or 5). 3rd and 4th floor. Ask the information.

Although I am not an expert, it seems quite professional. They sell famous brands as well.

I see lot's of musicians there testing the equipment.

Check it out

I'm not aware of this CentralWorld. (if that is the same as the "Central" mall near Big C, then they must have some new music stores that i haven't seen yet)

But, if i were you, i'd go to one of the small shops that cater to the professional musicians around the island.

My favorite is Music Zone on the Choafa East road near where the road from Cape Panwa meets Choafa.

There is another in Old Phuket town called Harmonic that is also pretty good as well as the oldest one: "Do Re Mi" near the clock in old town (near CAT and TOT) The last one is slightly more expensive.

I find that when you go to the malls here and see a guitar, it is usually a Chinese piece of junk.

Stick to known brands like Yamaha, Takemine, Fender, etc. and you'll get what you pay for.

Does anyone have any advice on buying myself an decent qualituy acoustic guitar when I move to Phuket later this year?
There is a good shop called Do-Re-Mi (obviously) near the old Police Station in Phuket Town, quite knowledgeable, good selection, and very friendly. A friend of mine bought a guitar there, he tried at least 5 different models... The shop is roughly between 7°53'3.85"N,98°23'25.74"E and 7°52'59.34"N,98°23'26.07"E

Just enter the coordinates in Google Earth or Google Maps and you will see :)

I knew fiddlehead would jump on this one! lol

You may also want to check out the top floor of Big C. They have a pretty nice music school up there with lots of instruments for sale, including guitars. The shop I think fiddlehead is referring to I would describe as on the left hand side of Chao Fa east driving from Chalong Circle just before town, and just before the park which is also on your left. Lastly, there is a shop on the 3rd floor (or whatever floor the movie theatre is on) at Jungcylon in the "IT Island" section, with all the mobile phone shops.

HI...

I do know theres a yamaha center in Big C.. You can check that out... Apart from that there are also a couple in Phuket town... Close to the portugisian area.. I wouldnt know the address.. You have to ask. Also.. and maybe a better idea.. Go to Pianopros opposite the main tesco lotus in the main intersection(orange sign). They should know where to direct you...

:)

Howdy folks,

Does anyone have any advice on buying myself an decent qualituy acoustic guitar when I move to Phuket later this year? Guitar store perhaps? or does anyone know of a local luthier hiding away somewhere there? :D

Cheers,

Glenny Van-Halen