Modern Warfare 2

Jockstar

• 2 weeks later...

Its games like that ArmaA 2 that makes me wanna go back to PC gaming. I love my 360 but Im finding that many of the online games are dumbed down and very small. Im looking forward to modern warfare 2 but its probably gonna be the same old 18 player servers with people running round trying to improve their rank and zero team work. There's a lot of bigger online games for the PS3 now, KillZone 2 has 32 players and there's another one called MAG coming out next yeat that will support 256!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They just released info that the PC version will no longer offer the ability to host dedicated servers and will have matchmaking only. No custom mods or player maps either. That's going to make the game basically unplayable especially if you're not in the US. Gonna be great fun playing with a 400 ping on some dude in Texas's 56k modem while he downloads torrents. :)

Was a must buy before but now will NOT be buying this.

DP25, yeah.... there were so many local cod4 servers though :/

Calling all future MW2 players... if we can get enough of you together, perhaps we could create a local community of cod mw2 guys to give us all a good ping.

Anyone in for this, not going to buy the game for the sp, nor do i want to play with a > 300 ping.

Calling all future MW2 players... if we can get enough of you together, perhaps we could create a local community of cod mw2 guys to give us all a good ping.

Anyone in for this, not going to buy the game for the sp, nor do i want to play with a > 300 ping.

There are 3 or 4 local COD4 servers.

There are 3 or 4 local COD4 servers.

yeah, heaps hey.

Count me in im well up for that.

im in the process of getting a unchipped xbox so i can play xbox live,

huge COD fan and well up for playing regularly with some peeps here.

Any advice on where the best place is, Nadz and G corner have been pretty helpful in the past. i dont suppose anyone knows of somewhere where they just sell consoles?

I spoke to my guy at the sw shop today and he reckons there is some 'license' problem for Thailand and he won't be getting the game until the 12th of Dec. :/

Then again, that could all be bs... any one seen it? know when it's coming to los? any info?

cheers

@WANDERINGMONK - looking for a pc crew.

anybody playing?

Started yesterday and have to say it has great game play. Graphics very smooth and good action with some new toys but generally the same weapon arsenal from World at war 1. Some pretty tough spots to get through and if you haven't played the first version, probably should start on level 1. I started on level 2 and find it can be difficult to get through some chapters.

It was available at Zest online shop, but now shows out of stock.

Also, those who are planning to play on-line, there are no longer dedicated servers but uses matchmaking methods like with console games. Big uproar about that in the game forums with many just canceling orders. One member just broke his DVD into pieces he was that annoyed, even a petition going around. :)

anybody playing?

Started yesterday and have to say it has great game play. Graphics very smooth and good action with some new toys but generally the same weapon arsenal from World at war 1. Some pretty tough spots to get through and if you haven't played the first version, probably should start on level 1. I started on level 2 and find it can be difficult to get through some chapters.

It was available at Zest online shop, but now shows out of stock.

Also, those who are planning to play on-line, there are no longer dedicated servers but uses matchmaking methods like with console games. Big uproar about that in the game forums with many just canceling orders. One member just broke his DVD into pieces he was that annoyed, even a petition going around. :)

So you're playing PC right?

What is the connection like on MP? How many green bars (connection status) do you get on average? Laggy much?

So you're playing PC right?

What is the connection like on MP? How many green bars (connection status) do you get on average? Laggy much?

PC version. Due to only having EDGE connection I haven't tried multi-player but single player is fine for me anyway. Also as I mentioned above, no servers for it anymore - uses matchmaking which is basically peer to peer.

If you're on PC, can you give a report on MP quality as in connection, lag etc etc. I found the SP not great, so will only buy if the MP is lag free.

Lots of reports from Australain players of bad connections, so might skip it.

The multiplayer can be laggy even if you're in a place with loads of players like the US. In Thailand I don't think there is any hope at all. No way is matchmaking going to route the Thailand players together instead of scattering them across the world. I'm skipping it, MW1 is still fun and has Thailand servers that I get 50 ping to. Gonna get Bad Company 2 instead when it comes out, it will have dedicated servers.

If you're on PC, can you give a report on MP quality as in connection, lag etc etc. I found the SP not great, so will only buy if the MP is lag free.

The multiplayer can be laggy even if you're in a place with loads of players like the US. In Thailand I don't think there is any hope at all. No way is matchmaking going to route the Thailand players together instead of scattering them across the world. I'm skipping it, MW1 is still fun and has Thailand servers that I get 50 ping to. Gonna get Bad Company 2 instead when it comes out, it will have dedicated servers.

MW2 is much better than 1, spec ops missions could be a stand alone game itself with something like 25 missions to do and the campaign is fantastic, multiplayer maps are easily twice the size from the last game too.

MW2 is much better than 1, spec ops missions could be a stand alone game itself with something like 25 missions to do and the campaign is fantastic, multiplayer maps are easily twice the size from the last game too.

That's nice and all, but completely beside the point DP25 is making.

Still waiting for a report on MP connection quality......

It's iffy at the moment but I guess that has more to do with it still being fairly new in Thailand, when I get a game it's generally not too laggy, and sometimes good with everyone on 4-5 green bars. Sometimes finding a game can be tough (5 minutes or so).

Adding lots of Thai steam friends, should help as you can always join their games.

MY gf's forbidding me from buying it (PC)

The optimist in me says: My bday and christmas are coming up soon.

The realist in me says: I'm Pu$$y whipped and have to wait until reduction in pricing....

Edited by kayo

The realist in me says: I'm Pu$$y whipped and have to wait until reduction in pricing....

I saw it at the store the other day, an import at nearly 2000 baht. Maybe they'll have a cheap Thai version coming soon?

• 1 month later...