Dukes Pizza

nicksal37

pizza company is a big Thai chain ! of course it is a given, they buy in huge bulk the cheapest, lowest cost Thai ingredients can possibly find.the stuff on top will not be of Dukes quality ...come on think about it... an american owned and operated restaurant verses a huge Thai chain in malls on every corner everywhere slinging mass quanities//two key words here are -#1-Thai the second key word is #2-American

as far as I know Pizza Company is set up and owned by an American and is far more succesful than the Duke's will ever be (sorry, but that is something hard to argue with). Stating that Pizza Company only uses the cheapest lowest cost ingredients is ridiculous. They would never have been this popular.

pizza company is a big Thai chain ! of course it is a given, they buy in huge bulk the cheapest, lowest cost Thai ingredients can possibly find.the stuff on top will not be of Dukes quality ...come on think about it... an american owned and operated restaurant verses a huge Thai chain in malls on every corner everywhere slinging mass quanities//two key words here are -#1-Thai the second key word is #2-American

as far as I know Pizza Company is set up and owned by an American and is far more succesful than the Duke's will ever be (sorry, but that is something hard to argue with). Stating that Pizza Company only uses the cheapest lowest cost ingredients is ridiculous. They would never have been this popular.

ridiculous ?

the burger king ,mc D's and pizza company.... o.k.? lets look at success this way since this is how you measure success.

Three very sucessful res-turd-rants but really you are talking about fast food joints serving a few items . success iby what standard ? the fine dining standard?? maybe a little red wine with your pizza sir?

Lets keep it simple ...advertsing budget of pizza company to the Dukes advertising budget.... one can sell anything to the public given enough money !

This pizza company is a huge mass produced -Mop it and Slop it -food processing mill catering mainly to the people of Thailand taste buds ! Lets not get carried away with this silly lop sided comparism: custom made to order pizza served at a owner operated local fine dining spot in Chiang Mai with all the major international and national bland atsting one size fits all fast food mills cranking out their generic product. This is just silly! mc d's sells more burgers but .... burger king sells more fish burgers but ....am i eating their square slab of processed something fish saturated in hot oil ? No! But i will eat a grill tuna sandwich at the Dukes grilled in olive oil to a medium rare.

Now are we getting the idea here yet????

I do not even call this an augument more just a statement of facts along with simple common sense.

To remind the previous poster that pointed out his dislike of the Pizza companies low cost processed fake toppings

Next time if are with freinds and find you have to eat the pizza company pizza it is quite simple to avoid the horror of the mayo,strange looking things called seafood and little square blocks of balony like substance called meat they shovel on top of your pizza ... just order a double cheese pizza they can not mess it up you will be pleasantly surpriced !

Edited by gatorhead333

one can sell anything to the public given enough money !

It does not work in the long run. Pizza Company are offering what the majority of their customers want, they also apply a successful franchise model that makes money for them.

That's not to say I think it's a great place, like most fast food chains the quality is not super high - but it is high enough to make sure they can sell their stuff. The franchising concept works because it does not depend on one or two talented people such as a chef and restaurant manager.

Instead it relies on a simplified formula that can be applied by almost everyone.

It does not make sense to discuss fine, quality dining in the same sentence because nobody would go to a fast food joint for that experience, or vice versa. The two are different concepts from the start.

I fully agree with Meadish Sweetball. You cannot expect a fine dining experience in a fast food chain. They are for convenient, clean (food safety is very strictly controlled at these chains!) and quickly served food. They satisfy their customers (or at least most of them) or otherwise they wouldn't be so big.

The Duke's must be doing it right in their way because they seem quite popular. Personally, I ate there once and was not impressed (did not try pizza because I prefer Italian style pizza's). In my opinion most Chiang Mai restaurants would have a hard time competing with similar restaurants in Bangkok. Chiang Mai has a lot of restaurants but very few outstanding ones.

I Chiang Mai has a lot of restaurants but very few outstanding ones.

I'd agree with this statement, for the sheer number of restaurants in Chiang Mai it's very disappointing.

Quite a few good Thai restaurants about though, the problem is my wife cooks good Thai food at home so when we eat out we prefer to eat something different.

Thai pizzas contain schhttuufff like fake bologna, fake mayo, and other ingredients. Duke's was so great that I am right now writing home about it to my sister - who like me, was born in Chicago.

really it is laughable for someone to say pizza company in the same sentance as the Dukes when talking pizza. Except if they were Thai people then of course all is forgiven since "they know not what they do" when it comes to ordering a pizza . Many Thais that have been abroad know well what pizza is ... The pizza company invented a bunch of Thai type toppings pizzas back when it opened up to generate interest with a non pizza eating younger Thai population .

i think ..but maybe only half right .....

Thai's love mayonnaise so of course throw big globs of it on my pizza for me then serve it like nothing happened...

A marketing ploy possibly learned from some one attending the MBA program at Payap,but not sure on that one .maybe i'm half right or something .....

but again, if stuck in the heavy rain somewhere and there is a pizza company in the same building keep the toppings to a minimun in fact make it one topping double cheese thin crust and then you know you will not get mayonnaise on the top of your pizza.

otherwise open your umbrella ,take on the elements and go get a pizza at the Dukes!

I've heard a few Thais say that they don't like any tomato sauce on their pizza (mai arroy) and that they prefer that sweet mayonnaise sauce instead (the same processed sauce that they like on their fake sushi and salads, etc.)

I also never understood how people in some European countries could dump ketchup on their pizza! Yuck!! To each their own I guess.

Thai pizzas contain schhttuufff like fake bologna, fake mayo, and other ingredients. Duke's was so great that I am right now writing home about it to my sister - who like me, was born in Chicago.

really it is laughable for someone to say pizza company in the same sentance as the Dukes when talking pizza. Except if they were Thai people then of course all is forgiven since "they know not what they do" when it comes to ordering a pizza . Many Thais that have been abroad know well what pizza is ... The pizza company invented a bunch of Thai type toppings pizzas back when it opened up to generate interest with a non pizza eating younger Thai population .

i think ..but maybe only half right .....

Thai's love mayonnaise so of course throw big globs of it on my pizza for me then serve it like nothing happened...

A marketing ploy possibly learned from some one attending the MBA program at Payap,but not sure on that one .maybe i'm half right or something .....

but again, if stuck in the heavy rain somewhere and there is a pizza company in the same building keep the toppings to a minimun in fact make it one topping double cheese thin crust and then you know you will not get mayonnaise on the top of your pizza.

otherwise open your umbrella ,take on the elements and go get a pizza at the Dukes!

I've heard a few Thais say that they don't like any tomato sauce on their pizza (mai arroy) and that they prefer that sweet mayonnaise sauce instead (the same processed sauce that they like on their fake sushi and salads, etc.)

I also never understood how people in some European countries could dump ketchup on their pizza! Yuck!! To each their own I guess.

well had to go see a pizza company pizza last night after all the gab.. we walked in sat down ,looked around at the other tables pizzas ...got up and walked out! it was great!! the best experence at a pizza company fast food joint we have every had .... in fact the VERY BEST!

eat fine and prosper!

Edited by gatorhead333

well had to go see a pizza company pizza last night after all the gab.. we walked in sat down ,looked around at the other tables pizzas ...got up and walked out! it was great!! the best experence at a pizza company fast food joint we have every had .... in fact the VERY BEST!

eat fine and prosper!

Thanks for that fine review, gatorhead333. I am now looking forward even more to your long- and repeatedly-promised review of Chiangmai's finest seafood restaurant! :)