Visitor Visa Re-entry - Possible?

Is it possible to re-enter the UK on a 6 month general visitor visa?

Thai GF is coming for a 2 week holiday in July/August but if accepted her visa should be valid until 4th January by my estimations.

Could she come back over for 2 weeks at Christmas on the same visa?

Is it possible to re-enter the UK on a 6 month general visitor visa?

Thai GF is coming for a 2 week holiday in July/August but if accepted her visa should be valid until 4th January by my estimations.

Could she come back over for 2 weeks at Christmas on the same visa?

In a word, yes.

Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks for this.

Is there any particular implications?

Not that I can see. The only implications that would go against you is if you told them she was going for 2 weeks and she stayed for the full 6 months. This may go against an applicant in future applications. The visa is valid for 6 months. If she decides to come back for a couple of weeks at Christmas, I can't see any real implications. Just note this down in your next application and explain you decided you both wanted to spend Christmas together.

No problems at all providing she has been given a 6 month multi entry visa, she would still have to convince the IO at the port of entry that it's a valid visit.

Of course if you have a two year visa you wouldn't be expected to confirm all your travel plans for the visa to be approved.

Don't forget that she must leave the UK six months after the start date of the visa, not six months after her first entry to the UK.

Before you promise her Christmas in the UK, check the peak season air fares.

Yes its multi entry however how long did you say she was visiting for ?

Just two weeks, which is all she will stay for. She needs to get back to University hence such a short stay.

She graduates in September and would be nice to see her over Christmas, although given the choice its probably more desirable and cheaper for me to go over there. Scotland in the winter or Phi Phi Island, not a difficult choice :)