Best Consulates For Non-immigrant B Visa

Hopefully someone has first hand experience getting an externally issude Non-Immigrant B Visa from a Thai Consulate in Asia.

Where did you successfully get one and what did you do to get it?

I had an internally issued business Visa which was not renewed after an accountants omission was discovered with not enough time to repair before my present extention expired.

Now I must leave the country to get a new visa. I was given different advices (from both officials and agents) to get a tourist visa or to get an externally issued non-Imm. B visa.

Once I have one of these I buy time to fix the accountant's errors and get a new Internally issued VISA.

I dont know which is 'better' but was told if i come from an externally issued Non-Imm. B visa it will be an easier process to switch to an internally issued Non-Imm B visa (than if I was switching from a tourist visa).

This may be because there are more requisites to fulfill for the Non-Imm, so it means some hoops are already cleared.

On the info. page about consulates in Asia there are brief mentions of some consulates being more friendly (Laos, Penang) or more rejecting (Hong Kong).

These may be outdated or generalized views. Does anyone have direct experience getting an externally issude non-imm. B visa from another city in Asia like Hong Kong (my preferred destination), Kuala Lumpur, Vientiane, Penang, Singapore, Ho Chi Min, or any other city?

If so, what was your exeperience and what should be avoided and what did you find helpful to do in order to get the VISA?

You did not have a B visa you had an extension of stay based upon employment. Immigration does not issue visas.

Most of the nearby embassies/consulates will issue single entry B visas if you have a work permit or a WP3 along with all the requried documents.

You can find several reports here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Latest-Repor...on-t189375.html

If you are married, business, retired and you take all necessarily documents , then you''l get a Non- Immigrant B, O or Retirement Visa

There are agents in Penang take care your documents, but better you go yourself. The last time I had bad experience in Penang

Even with all good documents, they can give you only 3 Months instead of one year. Bureaucracy is number 1

Even with all good documents, they can give you only 3 Months instead of one year. Bureaucracy is number 1

You did not mention if that included the higher 8 million baht company paperwork. That is a requirement in Penang for one year B visa issue.

Hi,

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a WP3. And could you say what the other required documents are. I need to get a B visa and I would also like to visit PP but only if I can be fairly certain I won't have a problem.

Thanks

You did not have a B visa you had an extension of stay based upon employment. Immigration does not issue visas.

Most of the nearby embassies/consulates will issue single entry B visas if you have a work permit or a WP3 along with all the requried documents.

You can find several reports here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Latest-Repor...on-t189375.html

Hi,

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a WP3. And could you say what the other required documents are. I need to get a B visa and I would also like to visit PP but only if I can be fairly certain I won't have a problem.

Thanks

A WP3 in a receipt for a work permit application.

The other requrements can be found here. http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492