Bowling In Ubon

MarcoH

Ok lads

Here is the facts,,, i was in Sunee tower today and was in water park in 3hrs from 2pm and it was fantastic,,no one there until 4pm,, and even then no problem.

but i'm a bowler,,and bowling alley is now open in there as well,,70thb per game and 30thb for shoes(one time fee)

there is also option to buy 10games for 450THB so thats sounds very intresting,,so when im doing,,im heading there tommorrow at 4PM for 2hrs any one wanna join??

thack are Bunswick track,well oild until 34Ft and when i check the oil it was not so thick...see u there

Ok lads

Here is the facts,,, i was in Sunee tower today and was in water park in 3hrs from 2pm and it was fantastic,,no one there until 4pm,, and even then no problem.

but i'm a bowler,,and bowling alley is now open in there as well,,70thb per game and 30thb for shoes(one time fee)

there is also option to buy 10games for 450THB so thats sounds very intresting,,so when im doing,,im heading there tommorrow at 4PM for 2hrs any one wanna join??

thack are Bunswick track,well oild until 34Ft and when i check the oil it was not so thick...see u there

Great, go for it stud let us know when you bowl a perfect game(with proof/pics with lane manager etc) :):D

Wow cool. :D I am always looking of new things to do when I am in Thailand, Unfortunately I just got back to the states, I wish I had known about the bowling alley when I was there, I would have enjoyed to bowl a few frames and I think the fiancé would have got a kick out of it also. I would certainly visit there next time I am in Thailand,( soon I hope) and hope to see you there,

Cheers :)

Ah they are open. Last time I was in there a week ago the bowling alley hadn't opened yet.

There are a couple of lanes over at Major Cineplex in Ying Charoen.

When I first came to Ubon in '99 there were some lanes at the then Nevada Grand Hotel. I took a look at them and it seemed all the lanes were warped so I never rolled any frames. It was closed and torn down not long after I arrived.

I suggested to the staff to try to get some leagues going to build interest and business but they never heard of such a thing.

Yes its open and here is little bit info what happen today

there is total 14 lines

I was 1545hrs in there and it was open already so i wanted to go bowling and no one else there yet,, so first of all no one speaks english exept one girl only know words "wait a minute" and she kept saying that next 17minutes so my limit came and i took off.

called to B-alley boss as there provide handphone number in they adverticing and he said to my wife that girls been telling me to go bowl first and pay later,,,,that would be nice if some one would be cabable to talk even sign lanquage,,but only what i got was 17minutes

wait a minute"55555,,,

they also had a problem in ticket machine what also heard after wards,,,and with in 15minutes lines where filled with school kids so even if stayed there would then need to que up....not my thing really

any how,, here is pictures from the lanes

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

Sounds and looks great on the pictures Marco. If they get their act together as you say and start to look after the local farangs then this could be a popular hang out.

It is nice place and deco with sofas and chairs, there is also FULL bar for those who need something stronger than water,,and ofcourse kitchen,,,thais cant do anything with out getting food and eat by the lanes....

I'll be in Ubon on Friday (12th) if anyone wants to have a go? :D

Trond

at 1600Hrs,,im in 10games,,ok 450Thb

I'll be there Marco! :D

Anyone else up for the challence????? :D

Btw...............I'm no pro :)

I'll be in Ubon on Friday (12th) if anyone wants to have a go? :D

Trond

at 1600Hrs,,im in 10games,,ok 450Thb

I'll be there Marco! :D

Anyone else up for the challence????? :D

Btw...............I'm no pro :)

Might just pop in and at least watch for a few good laughs or participate and allow others to get their

laughs courtesy of me.

Darwin

Hi Lads

Seems like this might kick off pretty well in here so her is what happen today, and sorry for me,,I'm really bad with names(first time)

So when i arrived to bowling in Sunee, there was a Bunch a guys already,i think John,Darwin, Trond and one more what i forgot,,,im really sorry....

girls in the reception where bit stressed out after i gave bad note to boss about last time, but have to say Improvement was huge,, lane can be recerved in advace and they are helpfull and go figure,, english was improved in 2days,,,

now more info, if one get 10games wih 450thb, that can be used with in 2months,like we played 4games today and plan is play(atleast for me 3times per week,Mo-Wed-Fri)

But noice level was bit too high so i will ask the boss if we can come there by 3pm)foreighner only) and play with out music,,or if they can keep music can be off untli 5pm,,,but have to see what they say,,will keep you informed....

few pic from today,,,sorry not clear,, hand was shaking from too much bowling

IMG_1468.jpg

and mater him self after(you see empty rack) total cleaning of pins.

IMG_1469.jpg

Hi Lads

Seems like this might kick off pretty well in here so her is what happen today, and sorry for me,,I'm really bad with names(first time)

So when i arrived to bowling in Sunee, there was a Bunch a guys already,i think John,Darwin, Trond and one more what i forgot,,,im really sorry....

girls in the reception where bit stressed out after i gave bad note to boss about last time, but have to say Improvement was huge,, lane can be recerved in advace and they are helpfull and go figure,, english was improved in 2days,,,

now more info, if one get 10games wih 450thb, that can be used with in 2months,like we played 4games today and plan is play(atleast for me 3times per week,Mo-Wed-Fri)

But noice level was bit too high so i will ask the boss if we can come there by 3pm)foreighner only) and play with out music,,or if they can keep music can be off untli 5pm,,,but have to see what they say,,will keep you informed....

few pic from today,,,sorry not clear,, hand was shaking from too much bowling

IMG_1468.jpg

Then the "Doctor" him self after Clearing whole rack of pins

IMG_1469.jpg

I'll help you a little with the names Marco........ :D

John is actually Johan and missing was Brendan.

A good time was had, but have to agree that the music (noise) level was to high.

I certainly didn't win anything, but since it was my first time - expectations were modest. :)

I'll help you a little with the names Marco........ :D

John is actually Johan and missing was Brendan.

A good time was had, but have to agree that the music (noise) level was to high.

I certainly didn't win anything, but since it was my first time - expectations were modest. :)

Do they do the rails for kids bowling?

Dropped in today. Music blasted me away as soon as the doors opened. Could hardly hear the cashier tell me that they don't have rails for kids which is a real bugger.

Hi Bergen, didn't see you there mate. Hope life is well. I heard that you dropped into the bakery the other day when I was in bangkok. So sorry that I missed you, my business partner Ben was quite ill and was unable to come and say hello to you. Hopefully you can come again and as I am currently there 7 days a week I will be able to say hello this time!

Went back again for something else so took my daughter along to play a few frames. The place was so noisy. Way to noisy - very disappointed we had to walk out as we couldn't handle it.

Seems that some advertising has the place opening at 4pm on weekends but a flyer I picked up has it opening at 2pm which seems to be the case.

Went back again for something else so took my daughter along to play a few frames. The place was so noisy. Way to noisy - very disappointed we had to walk out as we couldn't handle it.

Seems that some advertising has the place opening at 4pm on weekends but a flyer I picked up has it opening at 2pm which seems to be the case.

Andy

Correct opens 2pm and TODAY we are heading to there for few frames.

also spoke with Manager on the phone yesterday and they are as usuall apolochetic about noice pollution and "can turned a down little bit BUT cant turned off completely,,,,So if there is going to be National tournament that means they have to bowl in music as welll........NOOOOT

today im gonna talk to manager face to face if he is there and ask from him if he has notice that there is On\Off switch in his music instruments....

but today at 2PM few frames,,any one joining?

Hi Marco, I am on the late shift today mate so sorry but I will not be able to attend. Doesn't it open at 4pm on weekdays though?

Where confirmed by manager yesterday that it opens at 2pm even weekly

Edited by MarcoH

seems thet have an issue with their signage as there opening times are all over the place,i'm keen to go and bowl a few frames but will wait till the noise issue is sorted

Hi there 2PM stands like picture shows in the door.(Note DIALY)

IMG_1498.jpg

How ever Music issue was NOT solved even promiced by manager and when i wanted to meet him face to face,, he was suddenly in the meeting at 6pm...well after bolwing went to Ubon's No1 coffee place Peppers by the entrance of Airforce (BTW,, one can get BEST burgers what you cant's find in any place in UBON from there as well,, HUGE 250g stake in it,,recomended) and spoke with lads in there and i would liek to make letter of complainement to the management in Sunee tower as a official opininon from western community and im sure some of the thais would love that too.

Today at 2pm there me and my wife +4 other's and then 2 left so there was only 4 of us and despite complanement from my wife to them it was more like DISCO than bowling alley,,, lasted 2frames each and then it was time to leave,, that is just plain ANNOYING, what is the point plast music in full force even no one wanna hear it......

what you guys say about letter, written in thai and english, i can take care that to they management then.

Edited by MarcoH

seems thet have an issue with their signage as there opening times are all over the place,i'm keen to go and bowl a few frames but will wait till the noise issue is sorted

IMG_1498.jpg

How ever Music issue was NOT solved even promiced by manager and when i wanted to meet him face to face,, he was suddenly in the meeting at 6pm...well after bolwing went to Ubon's No1 coffee place Peppers by the entrance of Airforce (BTW,, one can get BEST burgers what you cant's find in any place in UBON from there as well,, HUGE 250g stake in it,,recomended) and spoke with lads in there and i would liek to make letter of complainement to the management in Sunee tower as a official opininon from western community and im sure some of the thais would love that too.

Today at 2pm there me and my wife +4 other's and then 2 left so there was only 4 of us and despite complanement from my wife to them it was more like DISCO than bowling alley,,, lasted 2frames each and then it was time to leave,, that is just plain ANNOYING, what is the point plast music in full force even no one wanna hear it......

what you guys say about letter, written in thai and english, i can take care that to they management then.

Hi Marco,

Of course you are free to write on behalf of yourself and any individual who wants to add his/her name, but I don't think you can write on behalf of the "western community" as a whole. Not all westerners in Ubon read TV, and may therefore not have the opportunity to vote on a group letter.

Also, personally, I find the concept of a complaint from the "western community" a little offensive; we are all individuals, and a claim to represent all sounds unreasonable. You could say "I and some of my western friends", or even "I believe that many westerners feel the same".

Personally, I agree that noise levels are unpleasantly high (as in many restaurants with televisions); but I would not claim to represent others if I make a complaint, unless I have their consent.

Cheers,

Mike

IMG_1498.jpg

Hi Marco,

Of course you are free to write on behalf of yourself and any individual who wants to add his/her name, but I don't think you can write on behalf of the "western community" as a whole. Not all westerners in Ubon read TV, and may therefore not have the opportunity to vote on a group letter.

Also, personally, I find the concept of a complaint from the "western community" a little offensive; we are all individuals, and a claim to represent all sounds unreasonable. You could say "I and some of my western friends", or even "I believe that many westerners feel the same".

Personally, I agree that noise levels are unpleasantly high (as in many restaurants with televisions); but I would not claim to represent others if I make a complaint, unless I have their consent.

Cheers,

Mike

Wow,,, maybe the words was bit off,,but at least you should know what i mean,, i wuld never do such a thing that put words to some one esles mouth.

but never mind,,,Ubon is Ubon and always will be...i was just make a point on those behave who actually bowling and not behave of those who havent sign letter.

Perhaps a petition Marco would be a better way of going about it?

it is my day off today and the kids are asleep so I am thinking of walking down now to bowl a frame or two - will lay a noise complaint whilst I am at it as well!

IMG_1498.jpg

Hi Marco,

Cheers,

Mike

As a member of the western community in Ubon, who isn't interested in bowling, I agree with Mike that claiming to represent the western community in a letter of complaint is not right. Also a petition seems a better idea, then all who wish to sign can do so, and good luck with your efforts.

I can sympathise with the bowlers, as so many entertainment centres are usually too noisy by far, but, as I live in the heart of Isaan through choice, I just have to tolerate it, as this is what most Thais want, surely? Also, the owners wish to cater for their majority clientele, not a handful of expats.

Regards,

Elwood