Bangkok To St Petersburg Ret.

ozsamurai

Trying to find carriers for a trip to St. Petersburg, budget if possible, who flys this route, anyone have any good or bad ones in their travel experiences?

Oz

Are you talking about the one in Florida or the one in Russia?

Assuming you mean St Petersburg Russia and that you are starting from BKK; either take Thai to Moscow and connect from there, or Finnair to Helsinki and on to St Petersburg. Alternatively, you could take a train for the final leg from either Moscow or Helsinki.

You could go with Aerosvit. Thats a Ukrainian Airline, ok quality. They ask for a Returnflight (Testdate was in July) 573 US Dollar, nice. You have to change flight in Kiew. Enjoy the vodka. www.aerosvit.com

I did this a few years ago. I took a Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt then Finn air to Helsinki, then a bus to St Petersburg. The only hassle was a terrible lack of legroom on the Lufthansa flight so i would suggest a different airline for that leg.

Transaero mostly does package tours. I think you can find air only, but maybe only during slow periods :D or only bookable not too far in advance. Some new planes, some pretty old ones. Don't expect the same flight experience as Lufthansa :) Very expensive overweight baggage fees. I think St. Petersburg gets far more tourists than Moscow, everything might be easier if you are connecting through Northern Europe.