Access Problems To Forum

sua yai

Excuse me if this has been posted before, but recently - over the past couple of months - I will occasionally have a message "sorry, you are not permitted to use this forum board".

It maybe happens once a week and I'm always on again the next day. In fact, this morning was a usual example of receiving the message around 10am and obviously I'm logged on again at 3pmish.

Can you explain why this happens? First time thought I might have been banned. Couldn't understand why.

It could be one of a few things:

1. You might have been banned, but then you would have been notified.

2. Your IP (internet address) was banned due to another user being banned while using it. This could be the case if you are using the same internet cafe as they were.

3. If you are on dialup, you may have been assigned the IP address of someone who was/is banned but that would be a longshot as there are many IP addresses and not alot of banning going on.

Where are you accessing us from?

cv

You've both had other members registered at the same IP address as the one you're using so I'd guess that #2 was the answer. If you are at an internet cafe and find yourself banned, but without an explanation, try the cafe next door and you'll probably be ok. many of these places load a ton of machines onto one IP. If in doubt email admin [at] thaivisa.com

cv

I'm accessing from my own computer. As I said, 90% of the time evrything's OK, as it is this morning. I had more of the same trouble yesterday evening.

Don't know if it's anything to do with it, but I changed browser from IE to Firefox a while ago. I don't seem to remember getting this message with IE.

I'm accessing from my own computer. As I said, 90% of the time evrything's OK, as it is this morning. I had more of the same trouble yesterday evening.

Don't know if it's anything to do with it, but I changed browser from IE to Firefox a while ago. I don't seem to remember getting this message with IE.

Are you on DSL or dialup?

cv

I'm on dial up. Just seen Huski's reply. Was this a problem at your end that is now resolved

Yep, and as Huski stated, its been fixed so you shouldn't have to worry now.

Unless you plan on being very naughty in the future. :o

cv

You've both had other members registered at the same IP address as the one you're using so I'd guess that #2 was the answer. If you are at an internet cafe and find yourself banned, but without an explanation, try the cafe next door and you'll probably be ok. many of these places load a ton of machines onto one IP. If in doubt email admin [at] thaivisa.com

cv

I'm on dialup, sometimes with Loxinfo and other times with TOTfree. It doesn't seem to matter which I'm on - sometimes I can log on to TV, sometimes not.