Looking For Cycling Buddies, Hua Hin Area

Hi everyone, I'm planning to move to Thailand at the end of this year, trying to find a house in the Hua Hin area.

I've been cycling (and road racing) for the past 30 years (I'm 56 now), and don't want to stop when I've moved to Thailand! So, if there's anyone in the Hua Hin area who'd like to join me now and then (or maybe there is a group already), let me know.

Actually, i'll probably be in HH in October, I have a bike there already and whenever I'm in HH I do at least a couple of rides. About a year and a half ago I had the good fortune to meet with a group of Thai riders, we did a nice (and sometimes furious) ride to Cha Am and back. Nobody spoke English, so I couldnt find out whether this was a regular group, did they live in HH, etc. Some of them rode like pro's, thats for sure.

I'd like to join (or form) a group of both farang and Thai cyclists, of reasonable level of fitness, and have regular rides. So if anyone can pick up on this, or has experiences from other regions of Thailand, please share them with me!

Hey, I live Rayong, so can't give too much advice for HH except that I was there last year for the Kings Cup, which is normally around the kings b-day. Last year if my mem serves me correctly, the race was at the end of Nov. Not sure if you'll be racing or already know about that race, but if not, I thought it was well put on with a lot of good competition. I remember there were a couple of bike shops around the area. When I lived in Phuket and now in Rayong, got hooked up both times with groups of riders by talking to the local shops. Normally pretty friendly to farangs and for me there always seemed to be one or two guys in the groups that can speak enough english to get by with the basics.

Hey, I live Rayong, so can't give too much advice for HH except that I was there last year for the Kings Cup, which is normally around the kings b-day. Last year if my mem serves me correctly, the race was at the end of Nov. Not sure if you'll be racing or already know about that race, but if not, I thought it was well put on with a lot of good competition. I remember there were a couple of bike shops around the area. When I lived in Phuket and now in Rayong, got hooked up both times with groups of riders by talking to the local shops. Normally pretty friendly to farangs and for me there always seemed to be one or two guys in the groups that can speak enough english to get by with the basics.

Yes, I have heard about the Kings Cup races (both mtb and road races), but could never find any recent info on the net; so I missed it last time. I was told later about the course, and believe me it was not easy (the main road to Pa La U, which goes up and up all the way). I want to join that race one time, but have to work to get in shape beforehand ...

There is one good bikeshop in HH, on Petchkasem, i think its called Hua Hin Bike. English is not their strong point, but they are very friendly, and for some reason I always get a discount when I buy something!