Chiangmai Mayor

caf

Can anyone add why the mayor has, it is said, left Thailand.

Who said what, where and when, please!

There is a lot of political silliness going on at this time regarding the mayor.

I suggest being super careful about any rumors.

Can anyone add why the mayor has, it is said, left Thailand.

Hmm... There were some pictures posted of someone recently in a "compromising" position that were rumored to be of her.

The media never came right out and said it was her, but that's what the local rumors were.

The nation article is here:

http://nationmultimedia.com/2009/06/01/nat...al_30104083.php

The Thai newspaper article with censored pics is here:

http://www.matichon.co.th/khaosod/view_new...HdOaTB3TVE9PQ==

Note, mods, if these links somehow violate forum rules in any way at all, please feel free to nuke this post.

EDIT: Please also note that I am in no way implying that these pictures are of the mayor or anyone else for that matter. Just passing along what I heard as it may or may not be relevant to the OP.

Edited by Mestizo

According to my wife, who is close friends with the immediate family of the mayor, the pictures are not of her. My wife is pretty critical of the lady mayor and says "even the bad guy was better", but doesn't think its not right what is happening to her. She says the lady in the pictures is much younger than the lady mayr. Me, I have no idea.

I hope this thread is eliminated altogether.

Regardless of anyone's political views, this whole business is blatant character assassination and deserves no comment. I suggest that the entire thread be deleted.

No, I am not a family member of the mayor.

I have seen the 3 minute video. It's high quality and also has a sound track. You can see her very clearly and hear her speak. It, I'm sure, was supposed to be a private film between lovers. The lover is alleged to be her policeman bodyguard. It's alleged he was paid 10 million baht by the 'other side' to 'produce' this film. It's not just the fact that the film is explicit that is damaging it's also the fact the man is not her husband. The Thais I know who have seen it have no doubt they can identify her whoever she may be.

Edited by Loaded

Given that there is absolutely no news report that the mayor has actually left the country the OP is hearsay and could be considered to be defamation.

IF you ever have any published proof of the allegations that the mayor has left the country please PM a mod to reopen but until then this remains closed. Please do not repost.

//CLOSED//