British Tourist Dies in Tragic Jet Ski Accident in Phuket

snoop1130

jet1.jpg

Phuket, Thailand – A British tourist's holiday in Phuket ended in tragedy when he died following a jet ski accident earlier this month.

Jonathan Greene, 37, from Stoke-on-Trent, lost his life while vacationing on the idyllic Thai island. The incident occurred as Greene, who lived on Church Avenue in Baddeley Green, was enjoying the renowned beach resort.

Despite efforts to save him, Greene succumbed to his injuries at a hospital in Bangkok on May 6.

Details of the tragic event were revealed during the opening of an inquest by North Staffordshire assistant coroner Duncan Ritchie. The coroner provided initial information about Greene's death.

"Jonathan William Greene was born on March 10, 1987, and died on May 6, 2024, in a Bangkok hospital. His occupation was an electrician," Ritchie stated.

"He was on holiday, and his family was informed that he had been involved in a jet ski accident. A post-mortem examination was conducted in Thailand, indicating drowning as the suspected cause of death, thus categorizing it as an unnatural death. This hearing has been adjourned pending the preparation of further reports," the coroner concluded.

The inquiry into Greene’s death is ongoing as his family and friends mourn the loss of a loved one who had embarked on what was supposed to be a joyful vacation.

By Bob Scott
Picture courtesy of Arenda-Yacht

Source: The Thaiger 2024-05-22

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Where does it say that please?

I cannot find any details as to how he died.

Was he swimming and got hit by one?

Did it fall off a truck and kill him?

Did a fishing boat crash into him?

Please enlighten me.

Nobody have to enlighten you. Your fantasy is already at a perfect stage.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I’m 73 years young been into water sports all my life I have a paddle board /kayak and a powerful jet ski no matter what I go out on I always wear a life jacket I have to assume that as he drowned he was not wearing one also with jet ski you wear a wrist band attached to the ignition which would immediately cut the engine if you came off the craft and yes all jet skis must by law be registered with the marine police sadly this regulation requirement seems to be ignored by a lot of jet ski owners 

Well, you're right. You got your long life experience. Obviously he didn't.🙏

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I’m 73 years young been into water sports all my life I have a paddle board /kayak and a powerful jet ski no matter what I go out on I always wear a life jacket I have to assume that as he drowned he was not wearing one also with jet ski you wear a wrist band attached to the ignition which would immediately cut the engine if you came off the craft and yes all jet skis must by law be registered with the marine police sadly this regulation requirement seems to be ignored by a lot of jet ski owners 

Ignored by the Marine Police too, for a small monthly donation.

32 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Life jackets should be compulsory when using water ski  or jet ski . At high speed , if you come off and hit the water , it hurts and can cause internal injuries or even knock you out . Also alcohol should be avoided when taking part in water sports .

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Jonathan William Greene was born on March 10, 1987 and died on May 6, 2024 in a Bangkok hospital

Why did he die in a Bangkok hospital, if the accident happened in Phuket?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Confusing, he drowned but, succumbed to his injuries.. I can only Guess that he got injured buy a jet ski, and then drowned, was he driving the jet ski or just swimming ?  I suppose we will never know. RIP  Jon.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Jimjim1 said:

Well the truck could have been by the beach and the jet ski fell on him and pushed him into the water???

But let’s stop this tomfoolery the guy is dead after all, suffice it to say he succumbed to his injuries.

Condolences to his family

RIP

I would have thought his name was Jim not Tom?

Doesn't take much water to drown one's self... could have aspirated a mouthful simply falling off the jet ski. Him dying at the hospital most likely means that's where they called his official time of death (and he was already "unresponsive" -- dead --on arrival). Tragic any way you look at it. 

16 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Did it fall off a truck and kill him?

How would it have fallen off a truck into the water, Mr Poirot? 
He died from drowning, so he was definitely in the water? 🤷‍♀️