New Restaurant On Jomtien-pattaya Road: Alois

Jingthing

I wonder if there is any connection with Bruno's Restaurant (Alois being the partner in that place)

Can you give more detail on the location please? If I'm heading from Jommas to Patters, is it on left/right etc?

I wonder if there is any connection with Bruno's Restaurant (Alois being the partner in that place)

Can you give more detail on the location please? If I'm heading from Jommas to Patters, is it on left/right etc?

Yes, I believe you are referring to Alois Fassbind, a famous deceased Pattaya restaurant founder. He was from Switzerland. Yes, the spelling is the same, perhaps there is a connection. It is located across the street from Mr. Mac's Hotel.

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I believe you are referring to Alois Fassbind, a famous deceased Pattaya restaurant founder. He was from Switzerland. Yes, the spelling is the same, perhaps there is a connection. It is located across the street from Mr. Mac's Hotel.

Yes you are correct. He was locally known as "Mr. Pattaya" and was the GM of the Royal Cliff for a long time until he passed away.

Went last nite to this new Restaurant and some ex staff from Bruno's Restaurant have opened this new dining venue.

A very similar menu to Bruno's and the food was very good & well presented and the prices are very reasonable. They have a very good selection of wines with a substancial number below the 1000 mark.(corkage fee is 300 baht)

While they have completely refurbished the Restaurant they could do with some extra "touches" to create an even a more cosy restaurant ambiance.