Chiang Mai - A Beautiful City

brzy

I currently live on Koh Samui and have just had a road trip from the south up to chiang mai and i love it. I have visited most major cities in Thailand now and found most of them drab and colour less as well as highly polluted but here its GREEN in fact it kind of reminds me of Kyoto, Japan (yes i have been there).

Love the pandas also :)

I would love to buy a small house here just for hols away from the Island

> Love the pandas also

Those panda's are EVERYWHERE.. They're fast becoming a pest, and a nuisance to traffic. They're like big soi dogs. :)

> I would love to buy a small house here just for hols away from the Island

Which island? We could home-swap for holidays. (Well, over the Mrs. dead body presumably, but it is an idea.. )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

It's a good place, I live here in Chiang Mai and coincidentally I did a little road trip to Koh Samui a month ago.

They are just different, I see Koh Samui as a 'holiday' destination with beaches and a lot of tourists, whereas, I see Chiang Mai as a normal working Thai city, with a bit of tourism, no beach but great countryside and mountains etc.

Being honest, I couldn't 'live' in Koh Samui (just too small and expensive) but like it as a holiday destination!

Definitely cheaper up here and obviously....better! :)

> Love the pandas also

Those panda's are EVERYWHERE.. They're fast becoming a pest, and a nuisance to traffic. They're like big soi dogs. :D

Which island? We could home-swap for holidays. (Well, over the Mrs. dead body presumably, but it is an idea.. )

Those pandas can be a nuisance when you hit them with the motorscooter, but at least you can use the carcass later. How do you prepare YOUR panda burgers, Winnie? I find the meat quite tasty if you saute it lightly in a pan with spices before grilling. :)

I currently live on Koh Samui and have just had a road trip from the south up to chiang mai and i love it. I have visited most major cities in Thailand now and found most of them drab and colour less as well as highly polluted but here its GREEN in fact it kind of reminds me of Kyoto, Japan (yes i have been there).

Love the pandas also :)

I would love to buy a small house here just for hols away from the Island

Keep dreaming; unless you are a Thai of course. Foreigners can't own property here. You probably already knew that...

He wasn't talking about property, he was talking about buying a small house. You can own a house just fine. If it's something nice made out of wood you could even move it fairly easily. And, buying something doesn't imply that you have to legally own it yourself. As an example, if you're in the purchase department of a company then you buy a lot of stuff that you then don't own afterwards. Sheesh.

Sorry, back to Panda burgers.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

He wasn't talking about property, he was talking about buying a small house. You can own a house just fine. If it's something nice made out of wood you could even move it fairly easily. And, buying something doesn't imply that you have to legally own it yourself. As an example, if you're in the purchase department of a company then you buy a lot of stuff that you then don't own afterwards. Sheesh.

Sorry, back to Panda burgers.

O.K. technicalities... you're right....

> Love the pandas also

Those panda's are EVERYWHERE.. They're fast becoming a pest, and a nuisance to traffic. They're like big soi dogs. :D

Those pandas can be a nuisance when you hit them with the motorscooter, but at least you can use the carcass later. How do you prepare YOUR panda burgers, Winnie? I find the meat quite tasty if you saute it lightly in a pan with spices before grilling. :D

Don't eat too many, they might make you look fat, unless you have trousers with an ex-panda-ble waist ! :)

Don't eat too many, they might make you look fat, unless you have trousers with an ex-panda-ble waist ! :)

You guys are good. Thanks for the laughs.

I agree that Chiang Mai is beautiful city though.

Chiang_Mai_mote_1.jpg

And very often it is the friendly people that make it so...

Impromptu_party_1.sized.jpg

Pah_Ganyah_Lek.sized.jpg

bar_girls_1.sized.jpg