Non Imm O Extension Help!

Hello all

Hoping for a little guidance re my current situation:

British male, 41 in Thailand on Non Immigrant O multi issued Hull UK

Entered Thailand January 2004

Final stamp expires 8 March and have done one day border runs every 90 days till now.

Married to Thai National in Thailand August 2004, one child, born November 2004

Opened Bank Account January 2005 and have had two transfers in from UK totalling approx Baht 420000 in the last week.

Have basic documents required (passport copies etc etc) but my query is on the financial bit. Not employed here or officially in UK at present. Don't have a 'letter' from the bank but have two computer printouts detailing the inbound transfers along with my bank passbook of course.

Will what I have be enough to satisfy Immigration or might they want to delve deeper into source of funds etc? Any advice/pointers/experience much appreciated.

Thanks

You must have letter from bank and that is not a problem. Just go to bank branch and ask them for a letter addressed to Immigration that provides your current account balance on the previous day close of business and have it signed by the branch manager. Cost is normally 200 baht and most have a preformatted example to use. If not they will have to obtain from their hqs and may take 24 hours. You have to have this letter.

Once you have that go with wife to immigration office with marriage certificate/birth and copy (s), your passport and copies, your bank passbook and copies, your transfer slips showing foreign deposits and her ID card and home register and copies and bring some photos together at home. Should only take about 30 minutes to fill out forms and get you on track for extension of stay. They will assume you are employed overseas with the foreign remittance and you will probably be asked to state how much you earn each year to fill in a blank on the form so you and wife should have a number in mind. Other than that there should not be any problem with you living off savings or part time work outside of Thailand.

Just a quick question,

Do immigration like you to apply for an extention based

on marriage during your first 90 days or can it be done on your last 90 days?

Will be living in Surin province and as far as I can tell

the nearest immigration office is near the Cambodian

border so I will be going there anyway.

Just thought I might put off transfering the 400,000 Bht

from UK for a year.

Any thoughts welcome.

Hello all

Hoping for a little guidance re my current situation:

British male, 41 in Thailand on Non Immigrant O multi issued Hull UK

Entered Thailand January 2004

Final stamp expires 8 March and have done one day border runs every 90 days till now.

Married to Thai National in Thailand August 2004, one child, born November 2004

Opened Bank Account January 2005 and have had two transfers in from UK totalling approx Baht 420000 in the last week.

Have basic documents required (passport copies etc etc) but my query is on the financial bit. Not employed here or officially in UK at present. Don't have a 'letter' from the bank but have two computer printouts detailing the inbound transfers along with my bank passbook of course.

Will what I have be enough to satisfy Immigration or might they want to delve deeper into source of funds etc? Any advice/pointers/experience much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi newbie

You need to go to your Bangkok bank and get ...

A cert that show's when your money first came into the contry and the amount .

Then a cert that shows the ballance on that day then your account is frozzen for seven day's thats about it on the money side .

Hope i helped mate ?.

I also have a question about showing the financial proof for 1 year extension. Some members asid you need to have a letter from the bank show your balance. That's no problem. And also your transfer slips?? I have my mother transfer funds to me regularly from overseas and I don't think she keeps all the slips. Can the Thai bank give the records of all the money transfer coming into my account from overseas??(my mother does not keep any of the transfer slips from transfer banks)

Is this transfer slip absolutely necesary even you have a letter from the bank to show your balance?? any advice?

1. They are only interested in the transfer details at this end showing foreign origin - after first time the entry in passbook showing this should be enough - bank here can photo copy transfer slips as they will have them on file.

2. Letter from bank does not "freeze" your account. But if you use to below the required amount the extension of stay may be held until it is above - they can and often do make a check during the under review period and that could be well after 7 days.

3. You can apply for extension of stay during the last 30 days of any entry. Am sure immigration would like it sooner rather than later but not a big deal at this time.