Building Regulations

Dear All

Can anyone help with this one? I understand there is a regulation which prevents building closer than 1 metre to a neighbours boundary wall but does the rule apply to ALL structures or only houses/dwellings? My neighbour is building a sala and although uncompleted it looks like the roof may overhang my boundary wall or at least be closer than 1 metre to it. Does anyone know if this structure breaches the building regs ? Location is Rawai, neighbour is European (French)

All replies gratefully received

Regards

Andy

Yes there is a building code, however; like the no smoking/helmet law it to is not Enforce. You can complaint to the local Tabmon Land Office at your on RISK. If I recall correctly from my conversation with the developer that build my house seven years ago this indeed a breach of the building Reg(I think he told at that time it must be 2.5 Metre)(?) :)

i may b wrong, but this is what I recall

House walls can be 0,5 meter from property line with no window, 2 meters if have window.

Roof can go to propertyline, but water from roof can not go to neighbors property. Gutters nede if close to propertyline

Sala, pool, boundarywalls, well, watertanks can be build to the propertyline