Homeland Resort Petchabuhn

Mahseer

Just a heads up if anyone is planning to stay at the Homeland Resort just north of Petchabuhn that the swimming pool is out of commission and liable to be so for 2-3 months. All the tiles are stripped and some areas of the base are being dug into. I did have a look at some rooms while there and they have a selection in the 500-550 baht range which are absolutely fine and would have stayed there if the pool had been operational but not to be.

Just a heads up if anyone is planning to stay at the Homeland Resort just north of Petchabuhn that the swimming pool is out of commission and liable to be so for 2-3 months. All the tiles are stripped and some areas of the base are being dug into. I did have a look at some rooms while there and they have a selection in the 500-550 baht range which are absolutely fine and would have stayed there if the pool had been operational but not to be.

The pool has been out of action for about a month now.....too many people getting cut feet from the broken tiles - my daughter included.

Edited by BCP

So....................Where did you stay?

The old favourite Kosit Hill. I didn't book online as travelled a couple of days earlier than expected but still only paid 800baht for a standard room but no breakfast included. To be honest I don't even know of another hotel anywhere near town.

The old favourite Kosit Hill. I didn't book online as travelled a couple of days earlier than expected but still only paid 800baht for a standard room but no breakfast included. To be honest I don't even know of another hotel anywhere near town.

Head through town on the 21 and before you get to the last set of traffic lights (the ones with the big sign showing the number of road traffic accidents and deaths) there are hotels on either side of the road. I live about 10 kms away so I've never stayed in any of them and I can't comment on what they're like.

At that last traffic light the Hotel on the right is the Burappa Hotel.

Stayed there a couple of times when passing through. AC, hot/warm water and TV.

The cafe down stairs is OK as well.

It's got 2 sections, the one on the right being a little more up-market.

Prices between B450 - B700.

Brings back old good memories. Very elegant hotel, IMO. And their coffee shop is the most comfortable I have ever experienced in Thailand .. from the atmosphere to the furniture to the music.