Yakult Scam

pdavids

Mai-krap, you seem to be making yourself a soft target on this one and coming over as a bit of a sooki la-la.

Will have to agree with Texpat on this one (although his posts usually only serve the purpose of sh7it-stirring)

Be they cute poor girls or not, this IS a scam, they just cannot go about illegally forcing products onto unsuspecting people and then come back later for payment.

What if someone had placed a bag of yabba on your doorknob and the bib rocked up on your doorstep instead?? how would you niceguy your way out of that one!?

What if a credit card company billed your account for a box of Yakult without your consent?? would that be OK??..

No,this WONT do!..speaking from a person who HATES yakult we should not have to stand for this sort of thing..

If,however,someone spunky thai babe left a cold slab of leo on my doorstep, and it was a REALLY hot day....well...

:)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been told that the yakult girls are forced to follow the night busses on their bikes, just to see if a possible scam could be done during the journey.. For sure this is a type of modern slave labor... :)

All you posters slaming the Yakult ladies are truly pathetic. All I have dealt with have been honest and hardworking and as has been mentioned, they are a normal distribution channel for this product in Thailand. You seem to think that they go to the nearest 7-11 and buy up a bunch of them, put them in bags and hang them on your door, and then come back and charge you some big mark-up for them. That's not how it works...they are distrubutors from the manufacturer. I don't have the specifics at my finger-tips but they charge the same or many slightly more than you would pay for a simlar product at retail. They normally right the bell when delivering and if they have to leave your order behind, they even put ice in the bag.

My guess is you posters have never meat one of these ladies. If you don't like/want Yakult, that's fine, no one forces it on you. Just don't go calling something you don't understand a scam. I mean, are you always such A-holes?

The company I work at are "distributors" for medical supply companies.... We certainly do not "dump" supplies off on the hospital door mat and come back with a bill some time at our convienience. We work hard too, and we work "ethically."

It is a PRINCIPLE here, not the money. If I want something I ask for it, pretty simple really. It does not matter if the "seller" is poor or not, their finacial status has no determination on if I want their product or not.

Seems like too many folks here are drinking the water straight out of the tap....

and by the way Yakult gives me the squirts.... so whatever is in it, I don't care to have it

All you posters slaming the Yakult ladies are truly pathetic. All I have dealt with have been honest and hardworking and as has been mentioned, they are a normal distribution channel for this product in Thailand. You seem to think that they go to the nearest 7-11 and buy up a bunch of them, put them in bags and hang them on your door, and then come back and charge you some big mark-up for them. That's not how it works...they are distrubutors from the manufacturer. I don't have the specifics at my finger-tips but they charge the same or many slightly more than you would pay for a simlar product at retail. They normally right the bell when delivering and if they have to leave your order behind, they even put ice in the bag.

My guess is you posters have never meat one of these ladies. If you don't like/want Yakult, that's fine, no one forces it on you. Just don't go calling something you don't understand a scam. I mean, are you always such A-holes?

:D

The company I work at are "distributors" for medical supply companies.... We certainly do not "dump" supplies off on the hospital door mat and come back with a bill some time at our convienience. We work hard too, and we work "ethically."

It is a PRINCIPLE here, not the money. If I want something I ask for it, pretty simple really. It does not matter if the "seller" is poor or not, their finacial status has no determination on if I want their product or not.

Seems like too many folks here are drinking the water straight out of the tap....

and by the way Yakult gives me the squirts.... so whatever is in it, I don't care to have it

:D:)

Dakhar, get a grip on reality. This is the sales technique and the only people who are getting infected with the yakult scam virus are idjuts like you who are not understanding it. This is the way it works and Thai people know it and understand it only a few dumbass highly educated farangs are having comprehension problems....

There is no principle to discuss you are living in someone elses country/territory/laws/culture etc and things operate differently.

Grow up!

Actually it is not me that needs to grow up, it is Thialand that needs to grow up and "adapt" to a business model that does not embrace different forms of deciet etc in order to get a baht.

Until Thailand cleans its act up, at all levels.... it will continue to be, a childish joke

Yes, really a great post Dakhar which i can only agree with! "Ethics and Principles" this is what is mostly missed not just here in LOS but more and more all over the world, i just recently break up a long standing friendship(15 years), because the person in question was getting more and more into admiring whom get a profit by cheating others, really such a disgusting behaviour! don't people understand that before or later this can only backfire?

If someone hangs a Yakult on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a Coca-Cola on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a mango on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a pineapple on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a pizza on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a Singha on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a flatscreen TV on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a doorknob on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a 1986 Cadillac on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a 2009 BMW on my doorknob, it's mine.

I don't give a dam_n how honest you are. I don't give a dam_n how hard you work. I don't give a dam_n how many children you have. I don't give a dam_n what country it is in. If you hang something on my doorknob without asking me first, and then walk away..... it's mine. Free of charge. It's mine.

My doorknob. My hanging items. Mine. Mine. Mine.

Give me more.

If someone hangs a Yakult on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a Coca-Cola on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a mango on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a pineapple on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a pizza on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a Singha on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a flatscreen TV on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a doorknob on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a 1986 Cadillac on my doorknob, it's mine.

If someone hangs a 2009 BMW on my doorknob, it's mine.

I don't give a dam_n how honest you are. I don't give a dam_n how hard you work. I don't give a dam_n how many children you have. I don't give a dam_n what country it is in. If you hang something on my doorknob without asking me first, and then walk away..... it's mine. Free of charge. It's mine.

My doorknob. My hanging items. Mine. Mine. Mine.

Give me more.

:):D:D yes! spot on!

No.. Not joking.. Its Hygiene... Really..

If it helps.. Nobody knows...

Can somebody explain me what's up with the straws in EVERY drink you buy?

mmmm....probably because it make the distance between the mouth and the drink shorter so no need to pull the arm further up, so kikkiatt :D

:) really?

If it was unsolicited, it was a gift.

Reminds me of the Hari Krishnas giving flowers and books in the SanFran airport years ago. Then jabbering away about their religion. When you've had an earful, they tried to charge you for it.

If you hand it to me. unrequested, and call it a gift, I'm outta there. Gulp, gulp. Gone.

Thanks. I'll consider buying some later.

Don't let people make you feel guilty.

Agree here. You should NOT have paid for it. If you didn't like it why didi you not give it all back to them when they arrived for the money? Or, just simply throw it away each time it was on your door?

I worked for this company for a number of years and they are very reputable and trustworthy and I can assure you their overseas office in Tokyo would be very interested in this story. I feel sure they would sack these staff on the spot!

This is not a scam, These ladies work dammed hard for their money and make a honest living. I could see your point if they showed up demanding some crazy price like 500 baht or something but being charged a normal price for delivery is not a big deal, no need to classify this as a scam.

Most Thai families have more than two people living in the house so its normal to have a little bag of drinks dropped off. If you don't want it just tell them you don't want it, no big deal. We used to have a delivery of a whole bag full every few days and it was quite nice to have them in the fridge.

One of my best friends died a few years back and his wife has no other income other than selling these little drinks so I have first hand knowledge of how hard she works and how little she makes off it. I'm quite proud of her for being a good mom and raising up a kid in some pretty dramatic circumstance without having to bend over for her income.

If any of you guys has a chance to buy a few of these silly drinks to support a hard working and honest local you should consider a very small investment into the community. Please reserve the term "Scam" for the true "Scams" which typically involve hookers, the police, or degenerates, not industrious moms who are sending their kids to school by working for a living.

Mai Krap: A scam is a scam. Although I would have handed over the bags left previously and told them I hadn't ordered and I didn't want it....