Bangkok Photo Equipment

phetaroi

Been looking for a simple 67 mm polarizing filter...so far no success. Where do you camera buffs find your "stuff" here in BKK?

try photofile in MBK (Maboonkrong) shopping center at BTS National Stadium exit...they have two shops....otherwise, possibly at Niks, which is the Nikon dealer in Bangkok, near to the Chong Nongsi station

Been looking for a simple 67 mm polarizing filter...so far no success. Where do you camera buffs find your "stuff" here in BKK?

try photofile in MBK (Maboonkrong) shopping center at BTS National Stadium exit...they have two shops....otherwise, possibly at Niks, which is the Nikon dealer in Bangkok, near to the Chong Nongsi station

I agree, MBK is sure to be able to provide what your looking for, there are several good photographic retailers there.

Yes, but be looking for "FotoFile". I believe they have 3 outlets in MBK, the easiest to find probably being the ground floor store. It's located a few doors north of KFC.

Once I got to MBK I quickly found the polarizing filter at the Canon outlet. Very professional there. Probably not the cheapest, but I was pleased that they were carrying HOYA brand.

Yes, but be looking for "FotoFile". I believe they have 3 outlets in MBK, the easiest to find probably being the ground floor store. It's located a few doors north of KFC.

Once I got to MBK I quickly found the polarizing filter at the Canon outlet. Very professional there. Probably not the cheapest, but I was pleased that they were carrying HOYA brand.

That's right, Canon does have a shop there. I wonder how their pricing compares to FotoFile.

Just an aside:

I've been impressed with Canon Thailand's service. There is a recall on my G10, so I took it to the Sathorn/Narathiwat headquarters. Because the "problem" hasn't yet affected me, and the fix would require leaving the camera for 3 days, I opted to wait until I noticed a problem.

Because I had already come downtown, the staff offered to take the camera and do a thorough cleaning for my trouble. After about 15 minutes, my camera was returned, looking as new. :)

Edited by Curt1591

That's right, Canon does have a shop there. I wonder how their pricing compares to FotoFile.

Just an aside:

I've been impressed with Canon Thailand's service. There is a recall on my G10, so I took it to the Sathorn/Narathiwat headquarters. Because the "problem" hasn't yet affected me, and the fix would require leaving the camera for 3 days, I opted to wait until I noticed a problem.

Because I had already come downtown, the staff offered to take the camera and do a thorough cleaning for my trouble. After about 15 minutes, my camera was returned, looking as new. :)

Interesting. Is it a service center and headquarters, or do they also sell equipment there?

In terms of price, my guess (and it is only a guess) is that the Canon shop was more expensive, although they did give me a 10% discount from the marked price without my asking for it.

Interesting. Is it a service center and headquarters, or do they also sell equipment there?

In terms of price, my guess (and it is only a guess) is that the Canon shop was more expensive, although they did give me a 10% discount from the marked price without my asking for it.

The Nari/Sathorn office is for service only; it's not a retail outlet.