Tot Craptacular

Puwa

Not recently, but the service was so bad a few weeks ago I pestered TOT sufficiently effectively & often for a new outdoor cable to be laid. No problems since. Call the national and regional offices at least twice daily. Ask to speak to the manager if getting nowhere. Ask for the names of everyone you speak to. I am sure you know the drill: calm but persistent. Good luck.

The problem is that they've changed the setting in Thailand. I'm not exactly sure what it really means but the KSC technician visited our office to change a number in the modem/router. Apparently both TOT and TT&T have to make the changes. For those who know more about this stuff, it is something about changing the MTU number from 1492 to 1400.

Well, I have found the perfect weight loss program..

First, move out of Chiang Mai into a small village. Did that.

Second, have TOT as your only available internet provider. Did this too.

TOT is so bad, all I have to do now is go for long runs. ( which is not a bad thing, keeps me away from this idiot box)

In my "new" local, TOT only works around 15 minutes a day, shorter if it rains, which is daily here.

Last week, Thursday I think, had the wife finally call and they told her that they were down all over the country.

Awful, terrible service, and I think dial up would be faster.

God, I miss CM and CAT!!

apparently tt&t are suppose to have a better coverage, dunno, but cat cdma do a plug in, upto 3 mb, at an initial costof abot 8k b, and 800 b per mth, take it anywhere to use, www.catcdma.com

The TOT repairman came to the house today, and in about 5 minutes we found the problem. Apparently TOT has been fiddling around with its servers and many customers need to reconfigure the DNS settings on their routers in order to get reliable service. Working quite well now.