2 Visa Applications To The Uk In 1 Year?

quick question that I hope someone can resolve...

my friend applied for a holiday visa for a girl about one year ago that got turned down, he is now talking about applying for another holiday visa however its for a different girl.

Now my instinct is that it’s just going to get turned down also but what repercussions could this have? I have heard that it would be very hard if not impossible for him to have a visa granted in future regardless if it is the same lady or a different one.

First of all your friend wouldn't have applied for his girlfriends visa, she would have applied with perhaps him acting as sponsor. She probably didn't convince the ECO of either the likelihood of returning or of the sponsors ability to sponsor her or perhaps a combination of the two.

In theory all applications are treated on their own merit, so if your pals girlfriend applies for a visa and she can convince them because of strong ties to Thailand, be it evidenced employment, Uni, business, property and/or money in the bank she is halfway there.

If your pal is going to sponsor her, they will need to provide details of their relationship, which might be problematical if he sponsored someone else last year. Sponsors are recorded on a central database so if the ECO cares to check, or your friend declared it, it could arouse suspicion.

Whilst it's not impossible for his latest girlfriend to be successfully sponsored by him, unless they can provide proof of their relationship they may need to lower their expectations.