Pure Unadulterated Digital Art

doppa

the buddha images are my own photographs, i wont be putting any more images up after these, i think we've all had enough of this topic, there's lots more we can argue about, and probably a lot more serious.

I loved this portrait. It's good as either a photo or a digital reproduction.

post-80529-1245077234_thumb.jpg

What makes it work is the simplicity, the angles and lack of extra detail. Your eye flows in from the bottom and comes to rest on the face.

As a bolder picture I also like the one second from the bottom for the strength of colour and lighting.

The Ray Charles picture isn't a picture? I never understood the purpose of digital art. It's art imitating art imitating life. I like Daffy Duck, and, more up to date, Homer Simpson, although the whatevers are beautiful.

They are just Photoshop or Microsoft picture it images.

Anyone with a basic knowledge of computer graphic software could create these.

Here's one I prepared earlier:

here we go again, did i say they were anything else.

The Ray Charles picture isn't a picture? I never understood the purpose of digital art. It's art imitating art imitating life. I like Daffy Duck, and, more up to date, Homer Simpson, although the whatevers are beautiful.

different subject matters appeal to different people, i never understood why bands used digital drums, rythms,backing tracks, with session musicians to cover to play for the so called superstar, who put his name to it, and probably on many occasion lipsinked his way through a concert, which was suppose to be live, but there you go, youve probably bought a bunch of cd's with exactly that , but the whatevers sound good.

Thanks for sharing these with us.

I especially like the Ringo image.

Were they represented as something else?

actually its paul.

These topics are SOO boring, yes I know I don't have to read them, but I'm so intrigued as to why moderator's let you guys start new topic's which are actually responses to your other boring topic's! As I have had topic's closed before as they are not deemed to be Chiang Mai related, I argue that this topic is not only dull, but not Chiang Mai related.

:)

Actually the OP isn't even in CM yet so I don't see how this is any more relevant than the "If you could time travel..." thread.

Anyway, some of the images are moderately interesting but seriously doppa, why not get involved in something like deviantart.com or other online digital art communities where you'll find more people who are interested in your art and you'll get much more constructive feedback. You can also admire some talented people who are using digital techniques to produce very original and creative work, some pieces are really spectacular.

Edited by threedot

actually its paul.

Actually, it looks a little goofy for Paul. Are you sure that you did not digitally combine Paul and Ringo's photos into one? :)

Actually the OP isn't even in CM yet so I don't see how this is any more relevant than the "If you could time travel..." thread.

Anyway, some of the images are moderately interesting but seriously doppa, why not get involved in something like deviantart.com or other online digital art communities where you'll find more people who are interested in your art and you'll get much more constructive feedback. You can also admire some talented people who are using digital techniques to produce very original and creative work, some pieces are really spectacular.

we all have our own tastes in art, i happen to enjoy working on what you see.

They are being made in Chang Mai so that makes them related. Often wondered why people bitch about a thread because it is of no interest to them. Since you find it boring you feel the whole world must agree with you? Make your own thread if you don't like Doppas

I have no interest in any thread about cars, sports, home improvements, hospitals or investing, but I am not trying to stop everyone else from enjoying them. I just ignore them and read something else. :)

This stuff is inspiring me to give it a try. :)

Me 2. Can someone recommend a free and easy to use software?

well to give it a try, look for free downloads on digital art and see whats around, it looks so easy, but wait till you get into it, its fascinating and rewarding, i've gone all mac now, which really was built for art and graphics,give it a shot though.

actually its paul.

Actually, it looks a little goofy for Paul. Are you sure that you did not digitally combine Paul and Ringo's photos into one? :)

positive, and stop pulling my chain :D

im almost there, so cut a little slack, i might very well look into the digital art community, always open to new and constructive ideas.

Anyone with a basic knowledge of computer graphic software could create these.

Here's one I prepared earlier:

sorry have i missed something here, what have you actually done to the buses, made one green?

Digital art is as valid a form as any brush to canvas, it requires composition, color balance framing and all the other elements found in 'real' art. The flat earther's are the same regardless of the century we are in, which is why

Art is in the eye of the beholder. I have been doing digital art since 1999, along with photography and other meduims. I far enjoy the combination of my pictures, then enhanced. Judge for yourself! 1 from 1999, 1 from 2008, well the clean ones I can post here anyway.

post-54765-1245115121_thumb.jpg

post-54765-1245115206_thumb.jpg

This stuff is inspiring me to give it a try. :)

Me 2. Can someone recommend a free and easy to use software?

If you're on windows and want something 100% free then paint.NET is the best option I know. http://www.getpaint.net/

But if you want a professional standard tool, Adobe Photoshop is in my opinion, the best. You can download a 30 day trial free from http://www.adobe.com/products/ to compare for yourself. Be sure to check out some of the wide number of tutorials available which demonstrate the incredible effects that can be achieved using Photoshop as you may find the software rather daunting if you've not used it before.

these were my first attempts with oil, in year 2000, and three a little later, wheres there been a touch of development, the whole concept of painting this style was to try and emulate the cigarette card illustrations, of the 40's and 50's,that of course now quite collectable items, each painting is about 60x 40 ins, onto canvass, in oils, one was signed by the late great len shackleton,just before he passed away, the other by sir tom finney, not evertones cup of tea, but football was/ is my passion, so what better way to start with something your interested in, this was the first time i attempted oil painting, not even at art college did we do it.

You mean you have a picture of Ray Charles and don't even know it? I know who Paul is, but you gotta be kidding.

I wasn't being anything but complimentary. I see now it's called digital art. So I guess they're digital artworks, and not whatevers.

I'm an advocate of eradicating the earth of all digital technology with few exceptions. Buy a paintbrush, and go out and get some fresh air. Maybe listen to some "live" music. I can't tell the difference between women and ladyboys with their clothes on, but I can still tell what live music sounds like.