Drivers Licence Translation

Chinavet

On my way to pick up my new Tabien Baan.

Next move is to get a Thai drivers license. Can anyone please point me in the right direction to get a (I guess needed?) official translation of my Aussie drivers license in the area. Contact details.

Any other hints, need to know?

Appreciated.

On my way to pick up my new Tabien Baan.

Next move is to get a Thai drivers license. Can anyone please point me in the right direction to get a (I guess needed?) official translation of my Aussie drivers license in the area. Contact details.

Any other hints, need to know?

Appreciated.

I used my old UK licence without being translated. That was in Samui.

Also needed medical certificate and Non Imm Visa plus residence certificate from Immigration. As you have a Tabbien Baan you should not need this.

I just us my US license without translated, in Pattaya, here I got a 5 year with a medical certificate and Non Imm Visa plus residence certificate from Immigration.

Thats correct for Surin too. 1 year license then eligable for 5 year after that. Office is opposite Klong Toom market/Army base.

Dave

No need to translate it. As other posters said you will need a med. certificate which you can get at any clinic for about 100 baht. If you do not have a International drivers license you will have to take the written test which they have in English. here is link so you can study in English. Good luck.

http://www.dlt.go.th/driving_hp/ELearnning/E-Learning2.swf

Thanks all, much appreciated. Hedged my bets and had my Aussie license translated by small law firm opposite Farang Connection. Have my temporary, one year licences for both car and motorbike. Nay dramas (except my Tabien Ban had our Pu Yai Ban address, not my address. Fixed that.)