Au Fiance Visa Payment

I am a bit confused.

The quoted price to pay for a fiancee visa in Australia is AU$1,245 which when converted in todays rate is THB 37,712 - Oanda.com rates

Whereas the price in Bangkok is THB 41,050 plus the new processing fee of THB 428 with a total of THB 41,478

So my question is.

A) Is it possible to pay in Australia?

:o Can you send your application directly to embassy or do the new Visa Processing centre do all the work on visas now, thereby eliminating the other fee?

If the answer is yes then there is a good saving of about THB 3,766

Thanks in advance

I am a bit confused.

The quoted price to pay for a fiancee visa in Australia is AU$1,245 which when converted in todays rate is THB 37,712  -  Oanda.com rates

Whereas the price in Bangkok is THB 41,050 plus the new processing fee of THB 428 with a total of THB 41,478

So my question is.

A)  Is it possible to pay in Australia?

:o  Can you send your application directly to embassy or do the new Visa Processing centre do all the work on visas now, thereby eliminating the other fee?

If the answer is yes then there is a good saving of about THB 3,766

Thanks in advance

I believe that it must be paid in the currency of the applicants home country.

You can pay in Oz, I did it for my Wife's 309 visa application.

Go to the DIMA office in your nearest capital city tell them who it is for and where, they will process the transaction and give you a receipt, which of course you take with you to LOS.

from memory I paid $1200 at DIMA in Adelaide and it was about 30,000 baht in Embassy and the exchange rate wasnt as good then, so it was quite a saving.

Also these days with the new payment methods in Embassy it is quite a lot simpler to use the eftpos at the DIMA office.

• 2 years later...

I paid for spouse visa ($1340) at DIMA in Melbourne with my Visa card. I kept the white copy here in Melb. and my wife took the pink copy (which was stapled to the application by me ) along with photocpy certified at the local police station just in case.

Sure enough a few days after lodging the application at the VAC in Bangkok she got a call from the embassy asking why there was no receipt with the application. She told them it was but that she also had a certified copy. They told her to bring it to the interview a couple of days later.

Moral to the story?

Be prepared.