Chiang Mai To Kl For A Tourist Visa

bungalowbill

Anyone know if they are currently issuing double entry Tourist Visa's in KL?

I'm asking here for a friend because the Visa forum only has one post about KL for TR Visas dated Dec 08.

Also, Just a heads up...I got a double entry from Vientiane for free on 4 June. That was the last day for free tourist visas but it's still easy to get a double entry there for a fee.

To my knowledge, Vientiane is still the only neighbouring country offering the double. I think your question would get a quicker and more definite response in the Visa section however, as it is not particularly Chiang Mai related.

(I dont mean not related as in you should not post here - before the local members come after me with torches - I mean you will get a wider response from others all over Thailand who have been to KL recently for their visa).

Edited by eek

To my knowledge, Vientiane is still the only neighbouring country offering the double. I think your question would get a quicker and more definite response in the Visa section however, as it is not particularly Chiang Mai related.

(I dont mean not related as in you should not post here - before the local members come after me with torches - I mean you will get a wider response from others all over Thailand who have been to KL recently for their visa).

Since Chiang Mai has a direct flight to KL, I was thinking there would be quite a few who do the KL trip from Chiang Mai,so I figure it is Chiang Mai related, but I don't want a peeing contest about it.

...er ..you took what i said the wrong way..

Ok..best of luck.

OK thanks, your wording in your post is full of ups and down and twists and turns. Just say what's on your mind. And also, last time I checked I am a local member...

I guess the moderators can decide if it's Chiang Mai related, if they delete this post they will have to delete many others besides.

To my knowledge, Vientiane is still the only neighbouring country offering the double. I think your question would get a quicker and more definite response in the Visa section however, as it is not particularly 'exclusively' Chiang Mai related.

Sorry, i should have worded it better. Hope thats more clear. I was trying to be helpful, not pedantic, and cover my ass from getting flamed. Failed! :):D

To my knowledge, Vientiane is still the only neighbouring country offering the double. I think your question would get a quicker and more definite response in the Visa section however, as it is not particularly 'exclusively' Chiang Mai related.

Sorry, i should have worded it better. Hope thats more clear. I was trying to be helpful, not pedantic, and cover my ass from getting flamed. Failed! :):D

Water under the bridge....hopefully I will hear from someone whose been to KL lately for a Tourist Visa.

I was in KL last week for a visa and there was a guy from Chiang Mai there who tried to get a double entry but was refused and he only got a single. But they gave a double to a lady from Bangkok so it is probably best to go from Bangkok since they do not seem to like the folks on direct flights from Chiang Mai. Or maybe there was something else involved since each visa application is viewed on it's individual merits, isn't it? So you never know what they will do with yours until you are really there and give it to them. So you never know what they will do with yours until you are really there and give it to them. And that was last week which is different from this week. The best thing to do probably is get on the phone and ask them. Them being the visa people in KL.