Adsl Modem Router

rroland

I want to buy an ADSL Modem Router that has a 4 ports and a wireless point.

I plan to have my normal PC connected via lan cable and my eee PC 901 connected via wireless.

True Co. had installed the high-speed Internet (512 kb) package with a modem billion sky.

As the line is often dropping down I'm thinking to buy a different modem router.

My question is:

As the eee 901 has 802.n draft is it recommended to buy a modem router with the "n" spec?

I'm undecided with the following models:

Linksys GWRT160N Ultra N

Linksys WRT 310N

Belkin N + wireless router

D-Link WAG 160 N

Which modem/router would you recommend? One of those or another model?

Thanks in advance for your advices

I don't know much about modems, but just like to point out that I have had lots of dropped lines with TOT the past 48 or 72 hours. I still haven't found out what the problem is. But before you blame the modem, check if if is a problem with the provider - or even with your firewall setting. Good luck.

I plan to have my normal PC connected via lan cable and my eee PC 901 connected via wireless.

True Co. had installed the high-speed Internet (512 kb) package with a modem billion sky.

As the line is often dropping down I'm thinking to buy a different modem router.

My question is:

As the eee 901 has 802.n draft is it recommended to buy a modem router with the "n" spec?

Linksys GWRT160N Ultra N

Linksys WRT 310N

D-Link WAG 160 N

Can not answer as well

I bought a linksys WAG325N I am with true as well.

I got a constant drop of lines, forgot the download …

I ring numerous time True, they told me my firewall incompatible with them, I ring Linksys service (Philippine) they told me no problem with my modem, I came to conclusion TRUE using old hardware.

True suggest me to get they own modem, I remind them the last modem I got from them was not good & why I bought my own.

Hope you more lucky as i am.

My question is:

Linksys GWRT160N Ultra N

Linksys WRT 310N

D-Link WAG 160 N

I personally would go for the Belkin or D-Link. Indeed it is difficult to answer.

I personally would go for the Belkin or D-Link. Indeed it is difficult to answer.

I'm with you.. I've never had a decent experience with Linksys gear.

Furthermore, giving the nod towards the DLink. I have a DLink 2640T that hasn't missed a beat in two years.

I am using the DLink 2640T on TRUE and no problems - also the same 512 service.

Thanks a lot for your responses.

Regarding the DLINK 2640T, I can’t see on the specs the 802.11n …

Do I need a modem/router with "n" to perform the 901 capacities?

I am using the DLink 2640T on TRUE and no problems - also the same 512 service.

Thanks a lot for your responses.

Regarding the DLINK 2640T, I can’t see on the specs the 802.11n …

Do I need a modem/router with "n" to perform the 901 capacities?

There are no specs for (N) as it has not been finalized yet. Your computer is using a temporary system from my Google check. The 2640T uses the standard 54mb transfer of 802.11G.

There are no specs for (N) as it has not been finalized yet. Your computer is using a temporary system from my Google check. The 2640T uses the standard 54mb transfer of 802.11G.

What he said.

Furthermore - the existing standard G protocol of 54 mb will considerably outperform your internet connection speed of 512 kb. The only time you will see any benefit from an N connection will be peer to peer on your home network... transferring files, etc.

Since our line was upgraded from 2 to 4 Mbps (TOT) we had a lot of trouble with constant disconnections, line quality is perfect.

Replaced the Xavier TOT modem with the Dlink ADSL modem (no wireless) and that resulted as an enormous improvement.

Installed the Dlink wireless routers many times with customers but I don't like the menu, and had some weird connection problems with some notebook clients.

My favorite wireless router is Linksys WRT54G(L) re-flashed with DD-WRT