Return Wp To A Different Office

Hello again,

I am leaving my job and preparing my departure from LOS (non-immigrant B visa, work permit, both valid until September) and would like to return my Work Permit to the labor office in BKK, although it was issued by a labor office upcountry. (Easier for a quick get-away later in the day via Suwannabhumi.) Will they accept it in BKK and give me the TT10 acknowledgement form?

Thanks in advance

There is no longer a need to return the WP. Instead your employer has to inform labour of the termination of your contract and you have to go immigraiton with a letter from your boss stating your employment has been terminated today. Then immigraiton cancels your permission to stay. If you just leave the country, no need to go to immigration.

Immigration only cancels an extension of stay, not the initial 90 days or a valid multiple entry non-B. Those remain valid.

There is no longer a need to return the WP. Instead your employer has to inform labour of the termination of your contract and you have to go immigraiton with a letter from your boss stating your employment has been terminated today. Then immigraiton cancels your permission to stay. If you just leave the country, no need to go to immigration.

Immigration only cancels an extension of stay, not the initial 90 days or a valid multiple entry non-B. Those remain valid.

Thanks for that, Mario.

Trouble is, I will come back to LOS later for a new job, and my new employer's lawyer says they will need both the letter from my previous boss AND a TT10 from the employment office confirming the return of the previous work permit... (They are having me leave the country and come back on a 60-day tourist visa which they will then have converted to non-immigrant B... )

Any further advice or information would be appreciated.