Crackdown On Fake Education Certificates

george

Govt cracks down on fake education certificates

BANGKOK: -- The Thai government plans to blacklist education institutes and schools suspected of issuing false education certificates, according to a senior government education official.

An investigation is planned into allegations that more than 40 students had used false documents to apply to study at the Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University, the senior official of the Non-Formal Education Commission (NFEC), Chaiyos Imsuwan, told TNA.

The documents may have been unlawfully issued by a number of now-defunct schools which had not yet returned their official rubber stamps, he said.

An investigation panel of the university and NFEC officials would be established soon to verify the authenticity of any suspected false documents, Mr. Chaiyos said.

--TNA 2005-02-16

They should also check people being bilked out large amounts of money and being issued fake degrees from Universities that illegally operate from within the USA and Europe. The Thai victims are under the impression that they have earned a Masters or Doctorate of X, when in fact they have paid for a mere piece of paper with no more value than the ink it is printed with. If someone checked on the validity of these alledged Universities through the Internet, they would find that many Thais have been hoodwinked into thinking that they are are holders of prestigious degrees from the likes of these charlatans with school names that make no sense. :o

They should also check people being bilked out large amounts of money and being issued fake degrees from Universities that illegally operate from within the USA and Europe.  The Thai victims are under the impression that they have earned a Masters or Doctorate of X, when in fact they have paid for a mere piece of paper with no more value than the ink it is printed with.  If someone checked on the validity of these alledged Universities through the Internet, they would find that many Thais have been hoodwinked into thinking that they are are holders of prestigious degrees from the likes of these charlatans with school names that make no sense.  :o

My heart bleeds for them Mouse.

I was just being polite and allowing those that knew that they had misrepresented themselves to save face. But now the cat is out of the bag. May the guilty be found and dealt with accordingly. I am angry cause it cheapens my degree! :o

They should also check people being bilked out large amounts of money and being issued fake degrees from Universities that illegally operate from within the USA and Europe.  The Thai victims are under the impression that they have earned a Masters or Doctorate of X, when in fact they have paid for a mere piece of paper with no more value than the ink it is printed with.  If someone checked on the validity of these alledged Universities through the Internet, they would find that many Thais have been hoodwinked into thinking that they are are holders of prestigious degrees from the likes of these charlatans with school names that make no sense.   :D

Mouse, you should know by now that this Forums members will happily trash anything Thai, yet when you mention that many westerners are actually cheating people and some of the victims are Thai you are met with smug replies.

C'mon Mouse, pull yourself together and join the Thai bashing multitude, after all, these guys are Westerners, they have to be right, don't they?

Makes one wonder why their own countries are in such a mess when they are so perfect. :o

Don't know about now, but Bellevue (Nebraska) University had an online MBA program that was quite interactive with real people, including fellow students, teachers, and advisors.. The rep in Thailand was legit, a Professor (real one!) on salary for the university, and available for support. The Thai students I met taking the course all had good things to say. About $10,000 for the 2-year course, as I recall.

Likely mostly ripoffs going on online, and good exceptions are worthy of note, I feel. :o

Edited by Ajarn

Steven, I don't think they're talking about fake degrees used by foreign teachers. I think they're talking about Thais getting fake degrees from fake or defunct Thai unis, or fake secondary completion to enter Thai unis.. Does that affect our market value?

Speaking of degrees such as Ph.D.'s earned in the West, I'm from Texas and always wondered where the Doctor Thaksin Shinawatra got his Ph.D. in criminology.................................................

Edited by PeaceBlondie

Speaking of degrees such as Ph.D.'s earned in the West, I'm from Texas and always wondered where the Doctor Thaksin Shinawatra got his Ph.D. in criminology.................................................

Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas seems to ring a bell... :o

Edited by Ajarn