Moving To Pattaya From Bkk

jayjay2001

Greetings,

I'm moving to Pattaya from Bangkok early July and will be looking for a condo/apt rental. I know folks might be tired of requests for rental info, but I've read through the posts and classifieds on the forum and would still like some input.

Looks to me that Jomtien might be a good area choice for expats.

I've looked through the classifieds and posts, and think (1) Jomtien Complex Condotel or (2) Talay Condos might be good. Looking to spend 15,000-20,000 bht / month for a studio.

Questions I have:

-- Do you know if the prices they advertise on their web site are negotiable (they advertise from 17,500 - 20,000 as far as I can tell when I search for listings); in other words, if someone has moved in there recently, are you getting the same deal? (I can never tell if these are simply flat rates or they start out higher and will negotiate a lower price).

-- If anyone lives in either of these two places, what do you think about the place?

-- Are there any other suggestions besides these two places in Jomtien?

-- Is the internet connection decent enough (reliability/speed) at the above mentioned condo complexes?

Other questions I have are:

-- Am I better off looking in other areas in pattaya? (I'm single, so so want access to the bargirl and go-go scene; yet i want to live in an area that's quiet enough; not sure if the said "nightlife" is viable enough in Jomtien)

-- Related to the above question, I'll also be learning Thai in Central Pattaya. If I don't have a motorcycle at this time, can I get from Jomtien to Central Pattaya easy enough, i.e., by taxi (car) or motorcycle taxi; and if so, what's the approximate cost one-way via either of these 2 modes of taxi?

-- Any recommendation of a place to stay for about a week or maybe less, i.e., hotel or 1-week apt rentals under 1700 bht per day in Jomtien, while I look for a rental for long stay?

I'll be visiting Pattaya June 26 to look for a rental.

Lots of questions, I know. But any input would be greatly and kindly appreciated.

Thanks.

JJ

Jomtien would be my best choice. Its quiet, less crowded and only 10 minutes to the centre of Pattaya.

I would rent something in say one of the View Talay condo blocks for a month or two before you sign any longer term leases. You only find out the good and bad points of a condo complex when you live there. As far as prices are, its a buyers market and so everything is negotiable, there are hundreds if not thousands of unrented condos here, but beware. There are some very dodgy real estate / rental agencies / Thai / Falang landlords so look at past topics on this forum to get some idea of the pitfalls to avoid.

Hope this is of help to you.

Jomtien would be my best choice. Its quiet, less crowded and only 10 minutes to the centre of Pattaya.

I would rent something in say one of the View Talay condo blocks for a month or two before you sign any longer term leases. You only find out the good and bad points of a condo complex when you live there. As far as prices are, its a buyers market and so everything is negotiable, there are hundreds if not thousands of unrented condos here, but beware. There are some very dodgy real estate / rental agencies / Thai / Falang landlords so look at past topics on this forum to get some idea of the pitfalls to avoid.

I have one in Jomtien Beach Condo for 10,000 baht a month.

contact to alex 089-7482743

post-70680-1245662213_thumb.jpg

post-70680-1245662228_thumb.jpg

post-70680-1245662266_thumb.jpg

post-70680-1245662276_thumb.jpg

peterrabbit,

Thanks very much for your reply. I appreciate it.

Yes, I'm really wanting to rent a place for a shorter period of time first to see how the management is and to see if the place has any problems, e.g., especially like noise. Also, thanks for the info about it being a "buyer's market" and things being negotiable.

Regards,

JJ