Ordering On Line

corkscrew

The other day I posted about a meal that I ordered from Food by Phone. Last night I tried a competitor: Chef XP. Both services provide quick delivery of meals from Bangkok restaurants....actually more than 200 restaurants. Anyway this is from Tony Roma's. It was excellent. Delivery time less than 30 minutes. Really great when you want to stay in but you don't want to cook.

post-9122-1245669698_thumb.jpg

post-9122-1245669725_thumb.jpg

The other day I posted about a meal that I ordered from Food by Phone. Last night I tried a competitor: Chef XP. Both services provide quick delivery of meals from Bangkok restaurants....actually more than 200 restaurants. Anyway this is from Tony Roma's. It was excellent. Delivery time less than 30 minutes. Really great when you want to stay in but you don't want to cook.

Quite interesting your take-away reports, thanks.

I would like to know prices as well and what's in the small plastic container which came with the ribs(only 3???).

Thanks,

Gerd

That was French Onion soup....and it was delicious.

Soup, 16 ribs, Caesar salad = @1,000 baht.

Quite interesting your take-away reports, thanks.

I would like to know prices as well and what's in the small plastic container which came with the ribs(only 3???).

Thanks,

Gerd

The high end products arrive in good shape.

I really can´t stand the quality of the Food by Phone company, yak! The Pizza Company, eventhough it´s just a Pizza, got me deliverd within 7 minutes!. I prefer to eat fresh anyway. Can´t stand the delivery stuff.

That's a good idea...as it is pretty much BKK related.

There have been a couple of threads on ChefsXP in the Bangkok subforum, and since this relates only to Bangkok, am moving it to that subforum where the OP should get plenty of response.

Hi Corkscrew, I order food only about twice or three times a month (lazy days like you I guess). I am not "farang ki nok" by any means but where everything else is the same why pay extra? I call the restaurant directly and they deliver saving me on average B100 on a simple B500 meal (20%). Not to be sniffed at in these hard times. The mosi girls and boys still get their tips and everyone is happy except the "Food by Phone" middlemen. That's why they do not show the restaurant telephone numbers!

B100 = two beers, so cheers!

Thairet

Hi Corkscrew, I order food only about twice or three times a month (lazy days like you I guess). I am not "farang ki nok" by any means but where everything else is the same why pay extra? I call the restaurant directly and they deliver saving me on average B100 on a simple B500 meal (20%). Not to be sniffed at in these hard times. The mosi girls and boys still get their tips and everyone is happy except the "Food by Phone" middlemen. That's why they do not show the restaurant telephone numbers!

Thairet

ChefXP, do not charge extra for their meals, unlike Food By Phone.

And most of the high end restaurants will not deliver themselves.

Thairet

Corkscrew, I stand corrected. I did not realize ChefXP were not the same as FBP, so how do they make their money?

Personally, I retain high end for friends or family visiting. Family will not eat street food (pretentious wimps) or real Thai grub even in restaurants.

I love to cook all sorts of international stuff, but on the lazy days bring on the bangers and mash or fish and chips.

Thairet

Thairet

Corkscrew, I stand corrected. I did not realize ChefXP were not the same as FBP, so how do they make their money?

Personally, I retain high end for friends or family visiting. Family will not eat street food (pretentious wimps) or real Thai grub even in restaurants.

I love to cook all sorts of international stuff, but on the lazy days bring on the bangers and mash or fish and chips.

Thairet

I guess they get a % discount off the menu price as theres no overheads for the restaurant..

FoodByPhone are a complete rip off in comparison, I stopped using them the second the new chefsxp website was launched...

One of the motorcycle drivers told me that ChefXP only makes their money from the 60 baht charge, and that the drivers themselves live off of tips.

I had already tipped him ~80B at this point, so I don't see why he would have been lying to me, but I'll just report what I was told.

One of the motorcycle drivers told me that ChefXP only makes their money from the 60 baht charge, and that the drivers themselves live off of tips.

I had already tipped him ~80B at this point, so I don't see why he would have been lying to me, but I'll just report what I was told.

Lol...... i dont think so :)

they get discounts from the restaurants....... not sure about drivers, but doubt they would work on tips alone.

I suspect the 60 is for the drivers, and the shop discount goes into their pocket.

Good luck to them - offering same product, and better price than FBF

Both ChefXP and Food By Phone expect the restaurant to discount the in house menu price by cica 20% which obviously goes direct to the delivery company.

They both charge B60- for delivery.

The big difference is that FBP also uplift the in house restaurant menu price in their own on line price and this can be quite considerable. This is obviously a cost to the customer ordering which goes to the delivery company i.e. FBP