13 Road Racers Gets One Month In Jail

george

13 road racers gets one month in jail

BANGKOK: -- The North Bangkok District Court Monday sentence 13 road racers to one month in jail.

The 13 young men were rounded up by police early Sunday for racing their motorcycles on the inbound frontage road along the Vibhawadi-Rangsit Highway from Lard Prao to Sutthisarn Intersection.

Public prosecutors told the court that the 13 took part in the road racing in which some 100 motorcyclists participated but the rest of motorcyclists fled the scene.

The court refused to lift the jail term on ground that the road racers blatantly committed the crime without caring about safety of other people.

The 13 were identified as Amnart Ketkhong, Suwit Julyachoke, Jakkrapong Oonthani, Kitti Jaengjianhus, Natthapong Chaifuay, Thiratchai Jun-ou, Noppadol Sudchu, Jirawat Thongdee, Kittikhun Chuchuen, Ronarit Sasen, Natthawut Nokkaew, Anuwat Boonma and Sitchoke Buakhem.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-06-22

Thats good news...

I see them nearly every night when I go out or visit my gf...they flock together on Ratchadapisek, Petburi, Vipavadi, Rama9 and so on...always and everywhere on straight, broad and long roads. recognition feature: Tuned Yamaha Fino or Kawasaki MicroBike, red colored hairs (no helmet of course) and 14 or 15 year old girlfriend sitting on the back of the "Motorsaay sing"...Maximum speed: Around 100-120 kp/h! I always ask myself: Who ist buying these bikes worth of 40 to 50k Baht? And what do these people (parents!?) do at midnight i.e. aren`t they wondering what their offspring is doing with it`s birthday present?

13 road racers gets one month in jail

BANGKOK: -- The North Bangkok District Court Monday sentence 13 road racers to one month in jail.

The 13 young men were rounded up by police early Sunday for racing their motorcycles on the inbound frontage road along the Vibhawadi-Rangsit Highway from Lard Prao to Sutthisarn Intersection.

Public prosecutors told the court that the 13 took part in the road racing in which some 100 motorcyclists participated but the rest of motorcyclists fled the scene.

The court refused to lift the jail term on ground that the road racers blatantly committed the crime without caring about safety of other people.

The 13 were identified as Amnart Ketkhong, Suwit Julyachoke, Jakkrapong Oonthani, Kitti Jaengjianhus, Natthapong Chaifuay, Thiratchai Jun-ou, Noppadol Sudchu, Jirawat Thongdee, Kittikhun Chuchuen, Ronarit Sasen, Natthawut Nokkaew, Anuwat Boonma and Sitchoke Buakhem.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-06-22

Wouldn't it be nice if this was a new trend - the courts handing out jail time for those who intentionally act in an illegal manner that puts the innocent at risk? Hurray for the judge(s) that handed down the sentence.

Edited by venturalaw

Let this be a hard month, I mean like out sweeping the street at Midday, a visit to the zoo to cleanup the elephant dongs, and other animals area, make this a six day a week thing, six uder guard cleaning the street, seven under guard pick up the elephant dong, swicth off every other day. :D:)

I saw a TV show the other day where some idiots with expensive cars actually had a road race from Hua Hin to Pattya, stopping in Bangkok on the way.

The showed a couple of speedometers clocking them well above 180K and were bragging about how fast they went on television......a couple of shots showed them racing in traffic !!!!

Thais and Falangs both.......goes to show you just how little people care for both the law and their fellow humans.....I couldn't believe they actually televised this and presented it as a legitimate TV program.

Can we bring this magistrate/judge to Australia; idiots do this regularly and their solicitors put over the bleeding heart story about tough upbringings (what that can possibly have to do with it beats me) and they get a suspended sentence.

We need Lee Kuan Yew, former Singaporean PM, here for five years to sort out this bunch of soft cock politicians we have.

It seems there is a major immaturity/intelligence problem with people who do this, incapable of rationalizing the consequences of what they're doing, and with absolutely no consideration for their fellow road users. I'd be pi$$ed off if one of them hit my car.

Edited by F4UCorsair