Gps

ChiangMaiFun

I sold Mio while working at an electronics store awhile back..... Look at the reviews first.

On a plus side, their menu is well laid out and the Knight Rider edition was a fabulos step in the right direction. If they continue on that platform they will do much better.

I've bought the Garmin from Eagle and it looks very good - helpful shop and you have to consider the 'after care'. There may be better products and we could go round and around but the Garmin is a well tested product and supported by Eagle who are easily accessible at Pantip Plaza.

I imagine you would have bought the garmin with an ESRI map?

Yo may or may not be aware you can recieve a free map upgrade within the first year at no cost.

This is about 1000 bht in value.

All in all it may cost a little more buying locally but you at least have good service if there are any problems opposed to buying something on E-Bay.

I imagine you would have bought the garmin with an ESRI map?

Yo may or may not be aware you can recieve a free map upgrade within the first year at no cost.

This is about 1000 bht in value.

All in all it may cost a little more buying locally but you at least have good service if there are any problems opposed to buying something on E-Bay.

Yes Garmin 205 with ESRI maps - the only thing I have noticed immediately is you canot just sit back and rely onit - I was driving down near trainstation and there was a VERY obvious right turn off Thaepe Road and it told me to go straight past!!!

Yes know about the upgrade - thanks - and yes its worth the support in my opinion... what's a 1000 THB difference than online? 20 GBP/30 USD? we have to keep it in perspective!

• 1 year later...