Wii Motion Plus Now Here

Ian_B

Finally got a motion plus for my Wii over the weekend

This small device plugs into the bottom of the Wii remote and gives near as dammit 1:1 motion response

Have tried it on the 2 new EA sports games that support it and there is a world of difference between play with and without the motion plus attached.

Without the motionplus both games are as accurate as the tennis and golf game included with Wii Sports

However once playing with the motonplus attached these games are much more fun

The tennis game does not seem to be quite 1:1 but that may be because I was not playing with the nunchuck so my player was moving by itself but it seemed pretty close. Different types of swing were recognised 80% of the time and aiming where the ball will go was much more intutive than with Wii Sports

The real star so far is Tiger Woods 09. Normally I HATE golf games but this game with motion-plus is simply brilliant as it really is 1:1 motion response! As you move the remote like a club the player on screen also moves it exactly the same amount and if you twist the remote the club twists by the same amount.

There is also a Frisbee Golf mini-game in Tiger Woods that my son adores and with motion plus attached it is just like throwing a frissbee in real life (except it can't get stuck in a tree!). It completely mimics your hand movements and strength of throw

This is what the Wii should have been like from day one and I cannot wait for more games to use it

The only negative so far is that you have to use it smoothly and not jerk it around too quickly. My son kept getting calbration errors on Frisbee golf as he was shaking and moving the remote far too quickly. However to recalibrate it all you have to do it place the remote flat down on any surface for 2-3 seconds and it auto-calibrates.

Next motion plus game is Nintendo's sequel to Wii Sports and is called Wii Sports Resort and this will surely be the biggest selling game of 09 and will dwarf Modern Warefare 2 if the sales of Wii Play and Wii Fit are any indication

Before I got the motionplus I had not really played on my Wii much

My wife and son stilled played the odd game of Wii Sports (Tennis and Bowling) but since the motionplus I have been playing it a lot more

The Conduit came out for it last week and it is a pretty good FPS with good controls but still pales compared to the best the 360 & PS3 have (Halo 3, Killzone 2, COD:MW etc)

To me the Wii seems to be the second console people buy after buying either a 360 or PS3.

There are far too many crapware games on Wii and precious few AAA games but Wii Sports Resort (which comes with a motionplus) is out end of July and will sell by the shedload.

As Wii Sports Resort is bound to be the systems top seller this year hopefully more and more games will come out that require the motionplus as it really is a relevation when you are using it compared to the old Wii remote.

Also there are 2 new Mario games out before the end of 2009 which both look a lot of fun

Before I got the motionplus I had not really played on my Wii much

My wife and son stilled played the odd game of Wii Sports (Tennis and Bowling) but since the motionplus I have been playing it a lot more

The Conduit came out for it last week and it is a pretty good FPS with good controls but still pales compared to the best the 360 & PS3 have (Halo 3, Killzone 2, COD:MW etc)

To me the Wii seems to be the second console people buy after buying either a 360 or PS3.

There are far too many crapware games on Wii and precious few AAA games but Wii Sports Resort (which comes with a motionplus) is out end of July and will sell by the shedload.

As Wii Sports Resort is bound to be the systems top seller this year hopefully more and more games will come out that require the motionplus as it really is a relevation when you are using it compared to the old Wii remote.

Also there are 2 new Mario games out before the end of 2009 which both look a lot of fun

Thanks for the headsup... i was wondering when it would make it out here. I think i'll wait untill the updated wii sports comes out.

cheers,

konfuzed

• 2 months later...

Bought a wii a few weks ago. I must say i'm quite impressed with it. The resorts game is great. The Wii fit has been a great buy as it means the wife actually is doing some excersise. :) I will keep my 360 for the more serious gamees but the Wii is a good 2nd console.

Am interested in the Wii Motion Plus, but right now don't only two games support it? Wii Sports Resort and Tiger Woods golf? Not really interested in either...

And I've see Wii Motion Plus in MBK 6th floor, it came packaged with Wii Sports Resort, didn't ask how much. You might be able to find one packaged with Tiger Woods instead if you look.

I did however pick up a Wii Classic Controller Pro, which have only been released in Japan so far. Much better to control some games, like Super Smash Bros, than the Wiimote + Nunchuk.

Edited by DP25

I too would be interested (and agree the 360 for serious HD fun, Wii for family fun), but I held back from buying the WiiFit here as its so much more expensive than 'back home' - I have someone bringing me on over later this year.

So, as I think Bpraim1 also want to know, where and how much?

The kids love the Wii - we have about a dozen or so games (all legit and all family orientated - that's the best scenario for the graphics and game play the Wii offers I believe).

I just bought a new sesor bar (a wireless one) after the cat chewed the wire on the original - much better - cost me 700B from the shop in Airport Plaza near the Cineplex (in the food hall) Chiang Mai

Edited by wolf5370