Phetchaburi

isanb

Hello,

I'm looking to rent a bungalow for a couple of days in this area for 2 adults and 2 children near the beach but can not find any usefull information on the web.

any advices would be greatly appreciated as i want to book ahead

Thank you

We lived in Phetchaburi for three years, and used to visit Haad Chao Samran frequently. Unless things have changed very recently, I do not recall too many bungalows for rent, especially near the beach.

There are 3-4 decent beach hotels-cum-resorts (each of which has bungalow type rooms available), and maybe 20 or so guest houses and inexpensive hotels. Outside of the 3-4 decent hotels, I doubt there is any English spoken, and therefore a web search might not be fruitful.

I would suggest you search Google for "Haad Chao Samran," where you will find details of the hotels to which I referred on a web site with the URL "hotels2thailand", among others.

By the way, we loved Chao Samran for its solitude and tranquility, and the excellent and inexpensive seafood cafes.

google don't give too much information.

Solitude and tranquility is really what we are looking for cause we are living in BKK as for the inexpensive seafood :)

I'm gone try the web site

Thank you for the answer :D

Hello Isanb,

I live in Had Chaosamran and agree with the above. if you want to be right on the beach there is plenty of boutique hotel available but prices range around 5000bt per night. If you are happy to be 2 km away from the beach there is a new resort with pool, snooker, tennis, canals with swan boats for the kids and restaurant, TV etc, and houses available at a much lower figure. If you are interested please get back to me and I will provide more info. Regards Andrew

Hello Isanb,

I live in Had Chaosamran and agree with the above. if you want to be right on the beach there is plenty of boutique hotel available but prices range around 5000bt per night. If you are happy to be 2 km away from the beach there is a new resort with pool, snooker, tennis, canals with swan boats for the kids and restaurant, TV etc, and houses available at a much lower figure. If you are interested please get back to me and I will provide more info. Regards Andrew

thank for your answer,

5000 bt per night is not in the budget i want to spend for a night in thailand as to be 2 km away from the beach, with 1 baby a 3 y old son and a wife who take a motorcycle taxi when she has to walk more than 100 m (she doesn't want to ruin her shoes :D ) it's not a good idea.

I was told by an OP that this place was more oriented to the thai market with bungalow on offer for a price range around 1000 bt per night.

My aim is to find not to far from bangkok a quiet and nice place where i have the feeling to be in thailand ( SEA,SQUID and SUN :D ) and not a big and busy holiday town like jomtien or hua-hin.

I don't look for luxury (as soon as it's clean) just a small town near the sea where i can rent a bungalow or book in a small hotel for the week-end with my family and not be bored every 5 mns by a street vendor on the beach or to have to swim between a condom and a plastic bottle.

So if you have some info about a place like that :)

regards

On the web site to which I referred in my earlier post, Fisherman's Village is quoting rooms from Baht 3,020, Rabiang Rua from Baht 1.729, and White Beach Resort from Baht 1,215. All three are right on the beach.

I am personally familiar with Fisherman's Village, but not with the other two.